Hi there! It’s Suzanne here today. No, I’m not the one planning for a baby, but I know people who are! And the great thing about these planner pages is they can become part of an ongoing baby journal!
The new Elizabeth Craft Designs Planners are a great way to expand the use of dies you already have in your stash and allow you to create something completely new.
I love the blues and browns of the Moda Scrap My Little Boy papers and used it for a base for creating this baby shower planner spread. Here is how you can make your planner spread, too!
- Die cut two planner pages from coordinating papers in My Little Boy collection using the page die from Planner Essentials – 1. I cut one from the back so that the pages would face each other to form a spread.
- Die cut It’s a Party, Menu and the Big Balloon from white cardstock.
- Die cut Party, Menu, You’re Invited, the moon from Flourished Night Sky and the body of the baby pram from Little Ones using blue cardstock. Die cut other pram elements from coordinating patterned paper.
- Die cut Fun and Party from brown cardstock. Die cut the thread for the Big Balloon from red cardstock.
- Layer the Party diecuts slightly offset to form a dropshadow effect. This helps the word stand out from busy background papers. Layer the Menu diecuts in a similar manner.
- On the left page, stamp “A baby is a little bit of heaven on earth” in brown, positioned as shown leaving room at the top of the page for “It’s a Party”. Stamp lines at the bottom of the page to record the menu items. Assemble and adhere the diecuts to the page as shown in the photo.
- On the right side of the spread, you will have to die cut holes for the binder rings in the balloon. Simply line up the top left corner of the balloon in the page die and run it through your cutting machine.
- Stamp the grid or lines on the bottom half of the balloon to record the names of the invitees. Stamp “love you to the moon & back” at the bottom of the page as shown.
- Adhere all the diecuts as shown. Snap the pages into your binder and fill in the blanks!
There are lots of A Way With Words dies that would be perfect for making a gorgeous baby book! Simply keep the colour theme throughout and you’ll have created a real treasure of a book for a treasured time!
Welcome little one!
Happy creating, Suzanne
Elizabeth Craft Designs Supply List:
White and coordinating blue, brown and red cardstocks
Imagine Crafts VersaMagic Inks in Aegean Blue and Jumbo Java
Grid or lines stamp