It’s Frances here today. With the New Year almost upon us, I thought it was a great time to get a head start on birthday cards that we might need to give out during the year. Today I have created a birthday card using the Speech Bubbles Edgy Options and the Macarons die sets.
Here is how I created my card:
1. Cut a piece of white cardstock that measures 4 1/4 inches x 11 inches. Score and fold along the 11 inch side to get a 4 1/4 inch x 5 1/2 inch top folding card.
- Cut a piece of striped designer paper that measures 4 1/4 inches square and adhere to the front of the fold card so that the bottom section of the card is covered.
2. Cut a piece of pink polka dot designer paper that is 4 1/4 inches x 3 3/4 inches. Place the Stitched Speech Bubble from the Speech Bubbles Edgy Options die set approx 2 inches up from the bottom of the designer paper and run through die cutting machine.
- Using black ink, stamp the “You’re so sweet” sentiment from the General Sentiments Clear Stamp set to the centre of the speech bubble.
- Adhere to the top of the front of the card.
3. Using the Macarons die set, die cut the following:
- (8) Oval Macarons using White Soft Finish Cardstock
- (4) Scallop Ovals using White Soft Finish Cardstock that has Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape on the front.
- Using Distress Inks and a blending tool, color two of each oval shape in the same color.
- Remove the adhesive tape from the scallop ovals and cover each oval using Silk Microfine Glitter in the following colors: Fuchsia; Spring Peridot; Dark Mint and Yellow. Polish the glitter with a fingertip to bring out the maximum sparkle.
- Assemble each of the macarons per photo above.
- Attach the macarons to the lower right hand side of the front of the card using foam tape. (Refer to project photo for position.)
4. Adhere the designer paper (left over from when you die cut the Speech Bubble for the front of the card) to the bottom of the inside of the card.
- Using black ink, stamp the “Happy Birthday” and “Wishing You A Colourful Day” sentiments to the inside of the card using black ink.
- Color the bottom sentiment to match the colors of the macarons.
Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you enjoyed my tutorial.
Designer Paper – Echo Park Blue Sky 12 x 12 Paper; Pink Polka Dot 12 x 12 Paper
Inks – Black; Distressed Ink in Picked Raspberry, Evergreen Bough, Squeezed Lemonade, Twisted Citron
Copic Markers or other alcohol markers of choice
Die Cutting Machine