I’m very excited to be showing you a card using one of my new designs, the Macarons. I love this French specialty made out of two meringue cookies and a sweet cream filling. They come in so many delicious flavors and I haven’t had one that I didn’t love. In the small town where I live there is no place that sells this cookie but luckily a neighboring town does, so every now and then I treat myself to one. This delicious cookie was the inspiration for the die set and the card that I am sharing today. Let’s get started!
2. Die cut a Stitched Square from light pink patterned paper using the largest die from the Stitched Squares set. Adhere to card front using Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape.
3. Cut a Dotted Scalloped Circle for the corner from Rosebud Soft Finish Cardstock using the largest Dotted Scallop Circle die from the set. Trim at the lower left, adding stitches, using the Stitched Squares die used in previous step. (You won’t actually see the stitches in the end because another circle goes on top, but it cuts a nice clean corner.)
4. Die cut a Stitched Circle from White Soft Finish Cardstock using the second largest die in the Stitched Circle set to go on top of the Scalloped Circle at the lower left. Cut the corner with the Stitched Squares die. (This time you’ll see the stitches!) Adhere the two circles as shown in the photo.
5. Stamp ‘You’re so Sweet’ with black ink on a piece of White Soft Finish Cardstock. Die cut the Stitched Circle around it. (Some people like to stamp and then die cut, others like to die cut and then stamp – either method works so choose your favorite option.)
6. Die cut a contrasting Dotted Scallop Circle from Spring Green Soft Finish Cardstock to fit around the stamped circle. Layer and adhere the circles, slightly overlapping the larger one.
7. For each Macaron, die cut 1 cookie top and 1 bottom from White Soft Finish Cardstock (oval die in the Macarons set) and 1 filling from white cardstock topped with Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape (scalloped oval die in the set).
8. Use inks or PanPastels to shade the cookies and give the illusion of dimension. I used Distress Inks (Refer to supply list for colors used).
9. Apply Silk Microfine Glitter to the Macaron filling. Brush of the excess glitter and polish.
10. Assemble your Macaron using Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape.
11. Repeat step 7-10 for the other 2 Macarons.
12. Adhere your 3 finished Macarons on the circle at the lower left (that circle is now the ‘plate’!) and your treat-filled card is ready to send!
Elizabeth Craft Designs –
Joset Designs Macarons die set
Joset Designs Clear Stamps – General Sentiments
Silk Microfine Glitter colors: Ruby, Spring Peridot and Turquoise
Soft Finish Cardstock colors: Soft Sky, Rosebud and White
Pink dot pattern paper
Distress Ink colors: Picked Raspberry, Evergreen Bough and Twisted Citron
Rangers Mini Ink Blending Tool
Acrylic block for temporarily mounting the stamp