It’s Tanja here and I would like to show you how to create this sweet penguin shaker card.
Step 1 – Die cut the pieces
- Die cut the penguin parts from White Soft Finish Cardstock using the Penguin die set.
- Die cut the shaker frame using one of the Frame it – Stitched Circles and one of the Stitched Rectangles from ModaScrap Let it Snow 6×6 Patterned Paper.
Step 2 – Assemble the shaker element
- Adhere a piece of acetate behind the shaker frame opening and use double-sided foam tape to create the shaker pocket
- Create a sky background with watercolor cardstock, Weathered Wood Distress Ink and Pearlized Water. Add snowflake splatters with watered-down white acrylic paint
- Fill the shaker pocket with Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter, some sequins and snowflakes die cut with the little snowflake from the Penguin die set and cardstock that has had Silver Silk Microfine Glitter added to the front of it.
Step 3 – Color and assemble the penguin
- Color the penguin with Alcohol Markers and add highlights with a white gel pen
Step 4 – Add the sentiment
- Stamp the sentiment from the Cute Winter Sentiments set with VersaMark ink onto a strip of Kraft cardstock and heat-emboss it with white embossing powder
- Layer a strip of patterned paper from the ModaScrap Let it snow 6×6 Patterned Paper Pack behind it and adhere it to the card using Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape.
Those new critter die sets are just adorable, don’t you think? Which one is your favorite?
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Weathered Wood Distress Ink
Mini Ink Blending Tool
White Acrylic Paint
White Gel Pen
Double Sided Foam Tape
White Embossing Powder