Time for some Winter Fun! Hello Friends, this is Selma Stevenson today and I created a fun card using Joset Designs Skates die set. Here is how the card was created.
- Start with a 6×6 inch card. Using a slightly smaller white piece of White Soft Finish Card Stock, tape the Els van de Burgt Studio Bricks die on the left side of the card stock. Run it through the die cutting machine but do not die cut the very bottom. You want this piece to stay attached at the bottom. Use a piece of of the Through The Lens Stone Design Paper to back the cut out bricks. I am always trying to find new ways to use combine different dies and felt this created an interesting background!
- Use Karen Burniston’s Outdoor Edges and Beach Edges die sets to create two different snowbanks at the bottom of the card. Use a piece of white card stock that has the Clear Double Sided Adhesive attached to the top so you can add Cool Diamond Microfine Glitter to the snow banks. Attach the two die cut pieces together at different levels.
- Die cut the Joset Design Skates using Soft Finish White Cardstock; use black card stock for the bottom of the skate, and silver cardstock for the blades. Glue the pieces together, then lace the skates using a thin silver cord. Attach the skates as shown, using dimensional tape, or glue dots.
- Use the Els van de Burgt Studio Holiday Garlands 2 die set to die cut the pretty white snowflake border along the bottom. Add Glitter Peel Off Sticker Dots to decorate the snowflake.
- Use the Garden Notes Whitepine Boughs & Pinecone die set to die cut four of the large pine branches. Use white card stock with Clear Double Sided Adhesive on top so you can add Silver Silk Microfine Glitter to two pine branches and Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter to the other two. Attach these branches to the upper left corner and add a silver cord bow.
- To finish the card, die cut small die cut snowflakes and add a Glitter Peel Off Dot to the center of each one. Add a few of the smallest Glitter Dots between the snowflakes.
This card will mail easily in a 6×6 envelope.
You can create this card with the following products.
Elizabeth Craft Designs Supplies:
Dimensional Tape or Glue Dots
Tea Dye Distress Ink (to shade skates)
Silver card stock
Black card stock