Hi, it’s Candy! This card was inspired by photos that Els, the owner of Elizabeth Craft Designs, posts on her Facebook page. She lives in Colorado where she enjoys spectacular wildlife from the comfort of her home. One of her frequent visitors is a little fox, who has been known to peek in her glass doors. So, I thought it would be fun to create an interactive card where Dutch the Fox can surprise the recipient. Here’s how:
1. Cut black cardstock 4.25″ x 11″. Score and fold at 5.5″ to make the card base.
3. Die cut the letters to spell “Surprise” from Alphabet 1 – Caps die and adhere to the top right side of the card.
4. Cut the wood-grain patterned paper, black cardstock and patterned paper for the inside of the door 2.5″ x 4.5″ and ink the edges except for the black cardstock. Die cut each piece with the Tags & More 5 – Sunburst die. (Use the die that creates the outline of the door at the top).
5. Die cut the wood-grain patterned paper a second time using the sunburst decorative overlay die at the top. Adhere the wood-grain paper to the black cardstock. Die cut the black corners from the Tags & More 5 – Sunburst die set and adhere to the bottom corners as shown. Stack the small circles that were cut out when die cutting the tags in order to create the door knob.
6. Cut a pair of Hinges from black cardstock. Adhere one end to the backside of the green patterned paper. Lay the door on top and wrap the hinges around and adhere to the front side of the door. Adhere the back of the green patterned paper to the card front.
There you have it! Thank you for stopping by to check out our furry friend!
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Cardstock in white, black, orange
Patterned paper: KaiserCraft