Hi, Sandy here – It’s Pop it Ups Wednesday and I’m happy to be sharing a fun card with you. I like keeping some cards on hand that can be mailed when the mood hits me. Time can get away from us and it’s always nice to send a little “Hay There” to someone you care about.
1. Cut 2 panels using the Rectangle Accordion Die. Cut the long tab and two short connecting tabs off of one of the main embossed accordion panels – this is the panel that will become the right hand side of the card. Use Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape to connect the two panels. Refer to the photo above.
2. The accordion dies all have a wonderful border that can be embossed or used as a stencil – this time both techniques were used to create the stitched boarder.
- Embossing is easy – after cutting the panel, leave paper in die, using the same sandwich as any other embossing method, run through die cutting machine using the rubber embossing pad and the Impressions pad.
- After embossing, simply apply some ink through the die – same as a stencil.
3. Cut 2 pairs of accessory panels using the Rectangle Accordion, a brown cardstock panel for each side and a coordinating patterned paper panel for each side (Shown: Cloud paper).
4. Cut “hay there”, 2 hay stacks, one small hay stack and pitchfork using Hay There Pop Stand dies.
5. Cut one barn, one roof, one window and one door panel using Barn Pop Stand dies. For this card, the barn was cut in half.
6. Cut one stalk of wheat using Props 6.
7. Cut and assemble one Brownie the Cow, giving her the stalk of wheat to chew on.
8. Assemble card as shown, and while it’s still flat (before joining the two inside panels) stamp What’s Up? and the hot air balloon.
9. Finally join the two inside panels at the tabs to make a mountain fold. This creates the accordion.
Have a creative day,
Elizabeth Craft Designs Products Used:
Other Supplies Used: