Karen Aicken here, and welcome to Pop it Ups Wednesday! Since many card makers get stumped when faced with making a masculine card, I have two flat cards to share today. I also wanted to show you how adding some simple die cut shapes to patterned paper can add texture and pizazz. My first card is for a Birthday and features the Barbed Wire from Karen Burniston’s new Western Edges. Let’s get started…
1. Cut blue card stock to form a 5 x 7″ folded card. Cut masculine print patterned paper to 4 x 6″. Cut red card stock to 4-1/4 x 6-1/4″, centre and adhere the patterned paper to the red panel. Cut black card stock to 4-3/8 x 6-3/8″, centre and adhere the decorative panel to the black one.
2. Adhere a 2-1/2 x 3-1/2″ piece of black card stock to one side of Elizabeth Craft Designs Transparent Double Sided Adhesive. Use the arrow from the Rectangle Pull Card and die cut 9 Arrows. Peel off the backing from 8 of them and adhere to your patterned paper where desired. Set aside the remaining arrow and scrap of adhesive black card stock.
3. Die cut 3 Barbed Wire pieces from a Black Velvet Adhesive Sheets. From the Happy Birthday Pop-Up, die cut a Happy & Birthday using the same sheet of Black Velvet Adhesive. Wrap one of the Barbed Wire pieces around your decorative panel at the top left as shown below. Repeat for the bottom right. Then apply your finished panel to the front of the the card with Double Sided Adhesive Tape.
For the inside of the card, cut a white panel to 4-1/4 x 6-1/4″, and a red panel to 4-1/2 x 6-1/2″. Centre the white panel over the red one and adhere. Adhere the third Barbed Wire down the left side and the Happy Birthday as shown, then adhere your panel inside the card with Double Sided Adhesive Tape.
The black velvet adds such a nice feel to the card – you just want to touch it! Tip: Keep the scraps from when you die cut the Barbed Wire as it makes perfect Pop it Ups Character noses, hooves etc. Another great way to use those smaller dies, as the Black Velvet Adhesive Sheets essentially make those pieces into stickers and easy peasy to attach.
I had one small piece of the patterned paper leftover, and I was determined to use it up. So I created a simple A2 sized note card that will be perfect to send to my Dad, who is in a Nursing Home.
1. Cut white card stock to an A2 folded card (4-1/4 x 5-1/2″). Cut the remaining patterned paper to 4 x 5-1/4″ and a piece of black card stock to 4-1/8 x 5-3/8. Centre the patterned paper on the black panel and attach, then repeat to attach the decorative panel to the front of the white card base.
2. From the Rectangle Pull Card, die cut ‘hello’ using the remaining adhesive backed black card stock from Step 2 above. Adhere the remaining arrow from Step 2 and the ‘hello’ to your patterned paper where desired and your note card is done and ready to send to someone special.
I hope I’ve inspired you to use some of the Accessory Dies that come with the Pop it Ups in a new way! Thanks for stopping by.
Elizabeth Craft Designs Supplies:
Blue, Red, Black, and White card stocks
Patterned paper – Ruby Rock-It (leftover from a previous Elizabeth Craft Designs Blog Hop)