It’s Frances Byrne here today. As today is the 25th July, that means there are 5 months or 22 weeks or 153 days until Christmas … yikes! So I decided to share a Christmas card for today’s project. I don’t know about you, but I need to get that stash of Christmas cards growing. I just love the new Jolly the Mouse character die that will be release early in August and have used that to create my card. I have used the Lorna Label Pop Up die to create a Double Lorna Label Pop Up, so the card stands on its side.
Here is how I created my card:
The Inside –
1. Cut a piece of red card that measures 11 inches x 4 1/4 inches. Score along the long side at 5 1/2 inches and fold.
- Keeping the card closed, place the pop up die from the Lorna Label Pop Up set so that the centre nubs of the die are lined up on the fold of the card. Run card through die cutting machine.
- Open card up and using the Sprigs Embossing Folder, place one end of the card into the embossing folder up until the bottom score line of the pop-up. Emboss. Repeat this on other side.
- Use white ink to highlight the embossed card.
- Pop up your pop up panels (you should have a pop up on both sides of the card.)
- Using green card that is big enough to fit the die, die cut two more of the Lorna Labels Pop Up die. Trim the label portion of the die from the card and adhere this over the red pop up labels on the card.
- Die cut two labels from the Lorna Label Pop Up set from white card. Use the two sentiments from the Merry & Bright Clear Stamp set and stamp these onto the labels using red ink. (Note: as we are changing the orientation of this card from what it normally is, make sure to stamp the labels to match that orientation.)
- Adhere the sentiment panels to card as per photo above.
2. Using the Jolly the Mouse set die cut the following:
- (2) Solid Mouse Bodies from black card
- (2) Detail Mouse Bodies from grey card
- (2) Mouse Tails from grey card
- (2) sets of eyes from white card
- (2) sets of whiskers from white card
- (2) sets of mouse feet from pink card
- (2) noses from pink card
- (2) sets of inner ears from pink card (from the detail mouse body)
- (2) Solid Candy Canes from white card
- (2) Detail Candy Canes from red card
Note: I normally prefer to adhere a sheet of Transparent Double-Sided Tape to my card stock before I die cut my pieces. However as we will be assembling one of the mice so it is facing the opposite direction, which means the back of the card will be the front, you will want to omit the tape for one of the mice.
Assemble mice and attach one to each side of the card using foam tape and so that the tails go under the pop up panel on each side.
3. Cut a piece of red card that measures 11 inches x 4 1/4 inches. Score along the long side at 5 1/2 inches and fold.
- Apply adhesive to the back of one side of the inner card and adhere it to one side of the inside of the fold red card. Repeat with other side.
The Front of the Card:
4. Cut a piece of designer paper 4 1/4 inches square. Adhere this panel to the right hand side of the card.
- Cut a piece of red card 1 1/2 inches x 4 1/4 inches. Emboss this panel using the Sprigs Embossing Folder and highlight embossed areas using white ink. Adhere red panel to left side of card.
- Attach a Red/Gold Glitter Border Peel Off Sticker to the card where both panels meet.
- Die cut a label from the Lorna Label Pop Up set from white card, before die cutting label place the stitched label from this set into the middle of the die so that you get a stitched label.
- Use red ink and stamp the Merry Christmas from the Merry & Bright Clear Stamp set.
- Attach label to the centre of the green panel using foam tape.
Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you have enjoyed my tutorial.
Supplies:Elizabeth Craft Designs: 915 Lorna Label Pop Up 1038 Jolly the Mouse CS003 Merry & Bright Clear Stamp Set E127 Sprig Embossing Folder 7010 Red/Gold Glitter Borders Peel of Stickers 508 Transparent Double Sided Tape 64mm Other: Cardstock: white, red, green, black, grey, pink Designer Paper: Bo Bunny Christmas Collage Collection 6 x 6 Paper Pad Ink: Red; White Foam Tape