Hello my crafty friends, it’s Raquel Mason here today. I was inspired by a card Rita Edwards made. She tore away pieces of the release sheet covering the Transparent Double Sided Adhesive Tape Sheet a little at a time so she could add Silk Microfine Glitter in sections one color at a time, creating soft (rather than cut) edges. Let’s get right into the glittery goodness!
1. Cut a piece of light tan cardstock at 4.25 x 5.5 for an A2 sized card base.
2. Cut a piece of black cardstock at 4 x 5.25, adhere to card base. Apply Pink/Silver Glitter Border Lines around the perimeter of the black cardstock.
3. Cut a piece of white cardstock and Transparent Double Sided Tape at 3.5 x 4.5. Adhere Transparent Double Sided Tape to the white cardstock.
4. Tear a strip of the release sheet off one section a time, cover with Amethyst Silk Microfine Glitter, brush off excess and polish with your finger. Repeat this step with alternating colors until cardstock is entirely covered with Silk Microfine Glitter. Adhere to black cardstock.
5. Using a scrap piece of vanilla cardstock, die cut Thank You. Adhere to lower left side of card.
6. Cut a piece of white cardstock large enough to fit two Crystal Flower Peel-Offs and adhere Double Sided Transparent Tape to it. Remove peel-offs and place them sticky side up on the release sheet. Place white cardstock with the Double Sided Transparent Tape sticky side down onto the release sheet to transfer the peel-offs. Remove release sheet and cover sticky tape and peel-offs with Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter. Polish with your finger and brush of excess glitter.
7. Color Crystal Flower Peel-Offs with alchol based markers or desired medium then cut using Fine Pointed Scissors. Use foam tape to adhere flowers to card base. Use photos for placement.
8. Cut a piece of Transfer Sheet large enough to cover image, lay Transfer Sheet onto negative image, burnish with a bone folder. Lift up Transfer Sheet, if all pieces have not been transferred burnish again. Place Transfer Sheet onto inside of card, burnish again, lift up Transfer Sheet, burnish again if all pieces have not been transferred. Click here to see Els demonstrate this technique. I added the negative images to the envelope too.
I hope you have enjoyed my tutorial and feel inspired to try it out yourself.
Elizabeth Craft Designs Supplies –
Other Supplies –
Light tan, black and white cardstock