Hi Crafty Friends,
It’s Frances here today and it is my turn to post a tutorial. I am sharing a Father’s Day card I created. While Father’s Day isn’t until September in my part of the world, it’s is just over a month away up there in the USA.
Here is how I created my card:
Step 1 –
- Create the Easel Card Base by cutting a piece of black cardstock so it measures 5 inches x 10 inches.
- Score and fold in half at 5 inches.
- Score the top section of the card at 2.5 inches and fold so it looks like the photo above.
Step 2 –
- Cut two pieces of White Soft Finish Cardstock so they measure approximately 6 inches square.
- Ink the Stripes background using black pigment ink and stamped onto the white cardstock, cover with clear embossing powder and heat set. (MISTI used here for easy positioning.)
- Starting from the top and bottom edges, apply Gathered Twigs Distress Oxide Ink using a blending tool.
- Continue sponging on color using Fired Brick Distress Oxide and then Peeled Paint Distress Oxide, making sure to blend the colors as you are inking.
- Spritz backgrounds using water from a Distress Sprayer and blot with a paper towel.
Step 3 –
- Die cut both backgrounds using the second largest square from the Dashing Squares die set.
- Adhere one of the backgrounds to the card base of the card.
- Adhere the remaining background to a black square which measures 5 inches square. Apply adhesive to the 2 1/2 inch panel facing the front of the card and adhere this panel to it so the bottom of the background panel is level with the bottom edge of the card.
Step 4 –
Using the Take Time for You die set, die cut the following:
- 1 x Pocket Watch from White Soft Finish Cardstock
- 1 x Pocket Watch from gloss cardstock
- 1 x Pocket Watch Outline from black cardstock
- 1 x Pocket Watch hands from black cardstock
- 2 x Pocket Watch Chain from gloss cardstock
- 3 x Make Time for You from black cardstock
- 1 x Make Time for You from White Soft Finish Cardstock that has Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape on the front.
Step 5 –
- Apply alcohol ink to the gloss cardstock Pocket Watch and also to the Pocket Watch Chains.
- Trim out the watch face from the white Pocket Watch and sponge around the watch face using Frayed Burlap Distress Oxide. Adhere face onto alcohol-inked Pocket Watch.
- Attach the watch hands to centre of the watch using a black brad.
- Adhere Pocket Watch to solid black Pocket Watch panel.
- Attach the chain to top of Pocket Watch.
- Adhere Pocket Watch to lower right hand corner of card per photo above.
Step 6 –
- Trim off the “Make” from all 4 of the “Make Time for You” die cut sentiments.
- Adhere the three black sentiments on top of each other and then adhere the sentiment with the adhesive on the front to the top of the layered sentiment.
- Remove the protective adhesive backing from the sentiment and cover with Rich Black Silk Microfine Glitter. Return any excess glitter to the jar. Polish the glittered sentiment using your fingertip to bring out the maximum sparkle.
- Adhere sentiment to the top left hand corner of the card.
Step 7 –
- Counting from the centre (smallest), die cut the fourth circle from the Dashing Circles die set from White Soft Finish Cardstock.
- Cut circle in half by die cutting using a square die larger than the circle from the Dashing Squares die set. (The edge of the die will be placed where you want the edge of the circle so you have the dashed lines on bottom of the half circle – refer to photo above.)
- Sponge around the edge of the semi circle using Frayed Burlap Distress Oxide.
- Die cut a larger circle from the Fitted Circles die set from black cardstock and layer the semi circle on top of this circle. Trim so black circle is flush with the white one.
- Layer semi circle to edge of background panel, adhered to the card using foam tape.
Step 8 –
- Using the Words Set 3 – Happy Holidays die set, die cut the words – “Happy Father’s Day” from black cardstock.
- Adhere to the semi circle panel on card.
Step 9 –
- Adhere the top of the chain to the top of the card.
- Add Ebony Black Nuvo Drops randomly to front panel of card.
Thank you for stopping by. I hope you enjoyed my tutorial.
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Cardstock – Black; Gloss Card (any color)
Distress Oxide – Frayed Burlap; Gathered Twigs; Fired Brick; Peeled Paint
Alcohol Inks – Sepia; Ginger; Gunmetal Mixative; Blending Solution
Blending Tool; Ink Applicator Felts
Black Pigment Ink
Clear Embossing Powder
Anti Static Pouch
Ebony Black Nuvo Crystal Drops