It’s Tina here today for Susan’s Garden Club. With the New Year comes a new product release from Elizabeth Craft Designs. By now you are starting to see the dies and stencils. I am so happy because Susan’s Garden Club also has some new dies that will ship soon and today I get to share one of them with you. Below is the Gerbera Daisy flower. It is one of my favorite flowers. Nothing says Thinking of You better than a card with a handmade flower. Below are the steps to create this card.
- Cut base of card with cardstock 8 1/2″x 5 1/2″; fold in half. Finished card measures 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″.
- Cut patterned paper 4″ x 5 1/4″. Adhere to center front of card.
- Die cut patterned paper using Rectangle Scallop Dot die. Adhere to center front of card.
- Cut patterned paper 3 1/4″ x 4 1/2″. Distress the edges. Adhere to center front of card.
- Cut a strip of patterned paper and adhere to right side as shown in the photo. Keep in mind that the flower will go on top.
- Die cut patterned paper using Oval Stitch die. Adhere to center front of card.
- Die cut Gerbera Daisy from solid color cardstock. Assemble. You can die cut each layer two or more times, depending on how full you want your flower to be. I chose 2 bottom layers and one center and top layer. Blend Distress Ink on the edges of the petals. Glue Prills to the center.
- Stamp sentiment on vellum. When ink is dry, trim the strip with a V at the left side. Adhere the finished flower toward the right of the card and the sentiment to the left of the flower.
- Optional – Twirl and glue thin strips of paper above the flower as shown in the photo below. (Tip: Use a paper trimmer to slice these very thin pieces, only 1mm-2mm wide.)
This card can be for any occasion. All you have to do is change the sentiment. Thanks for stopping by. Be sure to come back daily to see all the wonderful new products coming this month!
Elizabeth Craft Design Product
Gerbera Daisy Die
Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape
Clear-drying Glue (to adhere Prills)