By Jeanette Horner
This card was designed for a dear friend of mine. She gave me a beautiful bracelet and I just want to say Thank You. Linda Ware, you are such a dear friend. Thank you for being in my life.
Although this card was inspired for my friend Linda, it can also be made for lots of occasions. So let your creativity run wild…
Let’s get started.
1.Cut White Soft Finish Cardstock 10″ x 7″ . Fold in half and score so that it is 5″ x 7″.
2. Cut a separate 5″ x 7″ and distress all edges. I wanted a splatter, so I used archival refill inks to color the background. Choose 3 colors of refill inks. Use a paint palette 10 well round, plastic. Pour small amount of alcohol in 4 of the wells. One will be to clean your brush. For the other three, use one drop of refill color (three wells, one color per well). Gently stir. Use brush and watercolor the background. Then, use your brush to spatter all three colors. Glue this card to your folded card.
3. Cut one more white 5″ X 7″ cardstock and die cut chicken wire die. Glue back of chicken wire, and lay over the watercolored background.
4. Cut small butterfly die from Soft Finish Cardstock in Whisper Blue. Glue backplate to die cut butterfly with the tiny body. Glue three rhinestone embellishes on. Glue to top of chicken wire on left top side.
5. Cut Thank You die from Soft Finish Cardstock in Whisper Blue cardstock . Shade bottom with orange Pan Pastels. Glue sentiment to the bottom of the card.
6. Cut the flower from Garden Notes Lily from pale orange cardstock; cut the leaves from med. green cardstock. Watch Susan’s video on forming the Lily (Click HERE for video).
7. Use PanPastels to do the shading and highlights. Use Susan’s Garden Club 4pcs. All Metal Tool Set for shaping and forming, and a fast drying glue. Use orange pollen for the stamens. Once formed, glue to card, and enjoy. Optional: Copic pen for dotting freckles on flower petals.
I do hope you enjoy making this card! I also hope Linda enjoys receiving it!
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Suan’s Garden Club – Garden Notes Lily
Archival ink refills
Pale Orange cardstock
Med. Green cardstock
Fast drying glue.
Gold rhinestones for bling
Copic pen R89 for the freckles on the flower petals