Hello everyone, it’s Joset here and I’m exited to show you this little photo booklet that I created using the Tags & More 8 – Lattice die set. This is an easy project but so much fun! I picked the Lattice set as I really like the design but you can create a booklet like this using any of the other Tags & More die sets. I decorated my booklet using some of Elizabeth Craft Designs’ Flower dies. Let me show you how I created this project.
We’re first going to create the 4 pages of our booklet. Each page has a different size so when the booklet is closed, the lattice pattern on each page nicely overlaps.
1. Using the main tag shape die from Tags & More 8 – Lattice, cut one tag from blue patterned paper 6″ long. For information on how to cut a tag using one of the Tags & More dies, watch the video by Els van de Burgt below.
2. Position Lattice decorative overlay die over the tag so the hole in the overlay lines up with the hole in the tag. Run this through your die cutting machine.
3. Using the 4 hole die, cut holes at the bottom of the tag.
4. Cut 4 reinforcements from green cardstock and adhere around the holes from the tag. The picture below shows the finished tag and the dies used to create the tag.
We’re now going to create the rest of the tags that will finally form the 4 pages of your booklet.
5. Cut one basic tag from blue cardstock the same size as the tag cut in step 1. Cut the 4 holes using the 4 hole die.
6. Now cut 6 more tags: 1 tag with lattice pattern 7.5″ long from green patterned paper and 1 basic tag the same size from light green cardstock without lattice pattern. 1 tag with lattice pattern 9″ long from blue patterned paper and 1 basic tag the same size from blue cardstock without pattern. 1 tag with lattice pattern 10.5″ long from green patterned paper and 1 basic tag the same size from light green cardstock without pattern. Cut the 4 holes at the bottom of each tag. In total I cut 8 different tags in 4 different sizes. See photo below.
7. Adhere each tag with lattice pattern on top of matching basic tag. You will now have your 4 pages for your booklet. See photo below.
8. Stack pages and thread ribbon through each of the 4 holes.
And here comes the fun part…decorating your booklet!
9. I decorated the front of my booklet using the new Victorian Flower Set 1 and Victorian Flower Overlay Set 2. Cut solid flowers from Australian Opal Gemstone Shimmer Sheetz. Cut flower overlays from cream cardstock backed with Transparent Double Sided Tape Sheet. Remove release sheet and cover adhesive with Antique Silver Silk Microfine Glitter. Cut 2 flower centers from Green Iridescent Shimmer Sheetz.
Remember – you MUST use the metal adaptor plate when die cutting Shimmer Sheetz. Inside your machine’s standard cutting sandwich place the following in this order: Metal plate, Shimmer Sheetz, die with the cutting side facing DOWN toward the metal plate.
10. Assemble flowers and adhere to front of booklet. Cut 2 Flourish with Flowers from light green cardstock and adhere as shown.
11. Adhere a piece of Australian Opal Gemstone Shimmer Sheetz to a piece of Trandparent Double Sided Tape Sheet the same size. Cut small squares using Lattice decorative overlay die. Place a few squares back in the die cut squares at the top of each tag.
12. Decorate the inside of your booklet as you like. Adhere pieces of cardstock where you can add photos once your booklet is finished. Cut triangle corners using the corner die included in Tags & More 8 – Lattice. Optional: Add gold Glitter Border Peel-offs around cardstock squares. Decorate the pages as shown in the photos above and below, or as you prefer.
The square border on the right is cut using the border die included in Tags & More 8 – Lattice.
Add more corners if you like. Corners above are cut from Australian Opal Gemstone Shimmer Sheetz.
I decorated one of the pages with an embellishment cut with the Flourish with Flowers die (also used on the front cover).
Use Victorian Overlay Set 2 to create a beautiful decorative flower. Cut from cardstock backed with a piece of Transparent Double Sided Tape Sheet. Cover adhesive with Soft Teal Silk Microfine Glitter.
On the last page I created a little pocket for little memories. I cut 2 basic tags using Tags & More 1 – Lace. To create the words “Memories” I used the new Alphabet 1 Caps. Put your cardstock on adhesive first before die cutting as this makes it easier to adhere the letters. TIP: To get the word “Memories” on the right spot, first stick your letters on a piece of leftover backing paper. You can position your paper with the letters just above or below where you want your word. Place the letters one by one in the correct spot.
This was such a fun project to create and I can not wait to start putting some pictures in my little booklet. I hope you enjoyed this tutorial and you feel inspired to create a memory booklet too using the versatile Tags & More die sets.
Elizabeth Craft Designs –
Tags & More 8 – Lattice (961)
Tags & More 1 – Lace (951)
Victorian Flower Set 1 (964)
Victorian Flower Overlay Set 2 (966)
Flourish with Flowers (797)
Alphabet 1 – Caps (967)
Australian Opal Gemstone Shimmer Sheetz (SS 0225)
Green Iridescent Shimmer Sheetz (SS 0107)
Transparent Double Sided Tape Sheet (503)
Antique Silver Silk Microfine Glitter (605)
Soft Teal Silk Microfine Glitter (629)
Metal Adaptor Plate (803)
Fine Pointed Tweezers (801)
Cardstock: Light Green, Blue and Cream
Patterned Paper: Graphic 45 – Artisan Style Collection