Hi Everyone! It’s Katelyn here, sharing a feminine Celebrate Card with you. With the winter season feeling like it’s dragging on, I thought I would create a card that was bright and cheerful. To make this card I used some of the new and classic dies from Joset Designs and Els van de Burgt Studio. Let me show you how to make it.
Hi there, it’s Katelyn from A Creative Journey, with my last guest post for 2016. Today I get to share with you this Season’s Greetings Wall hanging using an embroidery hoop. Before I get any further, I want to wish you all a Merry Christmas. With it being Christmas today, I thought it would be fun to share one more Christmas project with you featuring a variety of dies from Els van de Burgt, Susan’s Garden Club, Quitfire Design, and Jose Designs, plus some Elizabeth Craft Designs products. Let me show you how you can re-create my wall hanging at home.
Hi there! It’s Katelyn from A Creative Journey guest designing today. I’m thrilled to be creating projects using the amazing Elizabeth Craft Designs products! When I design I love to combine layers, inks, and die cuts to make my projects come to life. I’d like to share with you how I created this Let it Snow layout using the Els van de Burgt Studio Holidays Garlands 2 die as my starting point.
- Cut a piece of patterned paper using the 4.5″ x 5 .75″ Stitched Rectangles die.
2. Cut two 3.5″ x 4.75″ Stitched Rectangles from 100# White Soft Finish Cardstock and cut the photo with the same Stitched Rectangles die.
3. Cut two patterned paper pieces with the 4″ x 5.25″ Stitched Rectangles die and one White Soft Finish Cardstock rectangle.
4. Blend Antique Linen Distress Ink onto the three white cardstock rectangles.
5. On one of the small rectangles, stamp “Let It Snow” in Potting Soil Ink toward the bottom right corner.
6. Die cut ‘Brrrrrrr’ from White Soft Finish Cardstock.
7. Blend Fired Brick Distress Ink onto the die cut as shown above.
8. Die cut three large White Soft Finish Cardstock snowflake borders using the Holiday Garlands 2 die. Cut one snowflake off of the third border.
9. Lightly blend Tumbled Glass Distress Ink onto the snowflake borders and single snowflake.
10. Add Transparent/Gold Glitter Dots to snowflakes.
11. Die cut the Birdhouse from White Soft Finish Cardstock.
12. Blend Fired Brick Distress Ink onto the Birdhouse and Heart. Blend Vintage Photo Distress Ink onto the roof and birdhouse base.
13. Adhere Clear Double Sided Adhesive Sheet to a piece of White Soft Finish Cardstock. Use the snowflake dies from the Entwined Circles and/or Brrrrr word to cut out eleven snowflakes.
14. Peel off the release sheet to expose the adhesive on the front of the snowflakes and sprinkle White Silk Microfine Glitter over them. Tap off excess glitter. Polish the glitter with a fingertip. Repeat for all snowflakes. (Note: White Silk Microfine Glitter is opaque. For more sparkle, substitute Warm or Cool Diamond.)
15. Add Transparent/Gold Glitter Dots to the center of the snowflakes.
Time to assemble the layout:
16. Adhere two 4″ x 6″ patterned paper pieces to the bottom right and top left corners.
17. Adhere the postcard and January cut out to the top left of the patterned paper.
18. Adhere the snow card in the bottom right of the patterned paper, leaving 1/4″ showing of the bottom patterned paper.
19. Adhere the inked but not stamped rectangle to the slightly larger patterned paper rectangle. Use foam squares to adhere the patterned paper rectangle to the top right hand corner.
20. Adhere the small inked rectangle with “Let It Snow” sentiment to the slightly larger patterned paper rectangle. Use foam squares to adhere in the bottom left corner.
21. Adhere a 1″ patterned paper border to the middle of the bottom left rectangle.
22. Adhere the photo to the slightly larger inked rectangle. Adhere the inked rectangle to the large patterned paper rectangle. Adhere the Brrrrr die cut to the top right hand side of the layered rectangles. Use foam squares to pop the layered rectangles to the middle of the layout.
23. Adhere the snowflake border across the dark blue border.
24. Use foam squares top add dimension to the birdhouse at the birdhouse to the left of the photo.
25. Add the glittered snowflakes as desired.
Thanks for joining me today! I hope that I’ve inspired you to create your own Let it Snow layout.
Elizabeth Craft Designs –
Distress Ink – Fired Brick for the birdhouse, Tumbled Glass for the snowflakes, Vintage Photo for the birdhouse and Antique Linen for the stitched rectangles
Ranger Ink Mini Blending Tool and Replacement Foam
Archival Ink – Potting Soil
Graphic 45 – Children’s Hour: January