Hi there! It’s Suzanne here today.
Have you ever needed something right NOW? With just a few things, you can pull off a great looking gift! Here is how you can do it!
It’s challenge time again … Starting this month, July 2017, our Die Cut and Coloring Design Teams will be combining for our monthly challenges.
Some of our Coloring Design Team are also sharing a few sneak peeks of the new Krista Schneider Clear Stamp and Coordinating dies which will be available soon.
Technique Friday with Els Inspiration – Every Friday Els inspires us all with a new Technique Friday video tutorial, sharing all of the wonderful ways to use ECD products. Our challenge for this month is to take our inspiration from any one of the Technique Friday with Els videos. You can find a list of all the Technique Friday with Els videos here.
For our Challenge today we are giving away a $20 Gift Card to use on our website to 3 winners.
To enter, simply leave a comment on this blog post below and answer this question: “What your favorite technique learned from the Technique Friday With Els series“.
We will select 3 lucky winners in a random drawing.
The winners will be announced on Friday, July 21st, here on the Elizabeth Craft Designs blog.
Now let’s take a look at the wonderful creations our talented Design Team have created for the Challenge this month. For more information about the cards, click on the designer’s name under each card to be taken to the designer’s blog post and will open up in a new window.
Birgit Norton was inspired by Els’ Jungle Cuties Spinner Card video to create this spinner card above. To create her card Birgit has used Joset Designs Sliders & Spinners, Dolphin and Boat die sets as well as the Ahoy Sentiments Clear Stamp set. Birgit use White Soft Finish Cardstock on her card. You will see more photos of the Dolphin jumping out of the water on Birgit’s blog.
Frances Byrne was inspired to create the sparkly piece above by Els’ Sparkling Lovebirds Birthday Card video. To create her card Frances used the ModaScrap Dandelion Fluff and Stitched Fishtail Banners die sets. The main panel of the card were layered using the Stitched Rectangles and Dotted Scallop Rectangles die sets from Els van de Burgt Studio. Frances used papers from the ModaScrap Vintage Rose 6 x 6 Patterned Paper Pack and White and Rich Black Soft Finish Cardstock. To finish off her card Frances added a sentiment from Joset Designs General Sentiments clear stamp set.
Karen Nofziger inspiration for her card came from Els’ Silk Microfine Glitter and Lace Technique video. Karen had so much fun with this technique that she created two cards for the challenge. For her first card Karen used Krista Schneider’s Purr Clear Stamp set with coordinating dies. For her glitter & lace panel, Karen also used Desert Gold and Forest Green Silk Microfine Glitters. Karen also used the Bead Strings 2; Dotted Scallop Ovals and Fitted Ovals from Els van de Burgt Studio, ModaScrap Stitched Fishtail Banners (cutting off the fishtail end) and Joset Designs General Sentiments Clear Stamp set. Karen used White Soft Finish Cardstock on her card.
For her second card for the challenge Karen used the new Krista Schneider Reindeer and Birds Clear Stamp set with coordinating dies. This time around she used Forest Green and Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitters. Karen also used the Fitted Ovals; Dotted Scallop Ovals and Bead Strings 2 dies from Els van de Burgt Studio as well as the ModaScrap Stitched Fishtail Banners (cutting off the fishtail end) and Joset Designs Holiday Cheer Sentiments
Sandy Diller created these adorable critters that could be a fun activity for those kids who are bored with summer vacation or a great kids party favor. To create these critters Sandy used the Bonbon Box, Circle Background, Fitted Circles, Stitched Circles and Scalloped Hearts die sets from Els van de Burgt Studio. Sandy also used Joset Designs Boat for the ears of the pig and the Hearts Entwined Embossing Folder.
Kelly Booth has also drawn inspiration from Els’ Silk Microfine Glitter and Lace Technique video to create two cards that are such a hoot! Kelly has used Soft Finish Cardstock and Cool Diamond & Fuchsia Silk Microfine Glitters to create her cards. She also used Krista Schneider’s new Give A Hoot Clear Stamp set with coordinating dies and the If Animals Could Talk Clear Stamp set. Kelly has also used the Els van de Burgt Studio Stitched Hearts and Dotted Scallop Hearts
Elena Anderson was inspired with Els’ Coloring on Watercolor Paper Video to create her card. To create her card she has used Krista Schneider’s Fashions 2 Clear Stamp set with coordinating dies as well as the Fashionable Phrases Clear Stamp set. Elena has also used the Stitched Circles from Els van de Burgt Studio. Papers used to create this card include Watercolor Cardstock; White & Perfect Pink Soft Finish Cardstock and ModaScrap Thinking About Rio de Janeiro 12 x 12 Paper Pack.
Selma Stevenson was inspired by Els’ Sparkly Flower Lace Cards video. To create her card Selma has used ModaScrap Flower Lace 2 and Thinking of You from Els van de Burgt Studio. She used Diva & Dark Fuchsia Silk Microfine Glitter as well as White Soft Finish Cardstock.
Sanna Lippert was inspired by Els’ Shimmer Sheetz Patchwork video to create her card today. For her card Sanna has used White Soft Finish Cardstock with Red Iridescent; Pink Iridescent and Blue Iridescent Shimmer Sheetz as well as the Sea Glass; Spring Leaves; Flower Mosaic & Swirly Leaves Embossing Folders. She has also used the Postage Stamp Rectangles from Els van de Burgt Studio, ModaScrap Lace Poppies and Joset Designs General Sentiments.
Katelyn Grosart was inspired by Els Lacy Poppies with Distress Oxide Background video. To create her card Katelyn has used Stitched Rectangles from Els van de Burgt Studio, ModaScrap Dandelion Fluff and Joset Designs’ General Sentiments Clear Stamps. She also used White Soft Finish Cardstock.
Anita Kejriwal found her inspiration for her card from Els’ Sparkly Plaid Background video. For her card Anita used White Soft Finish Cardstock and used two different widths of Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape and Ruby & Vintage Pink Silk Microfine Glitters to create her sparkly background. To decorate her card she used the Stitched Fishtails from Els van de Burgt Studio, A Way with Words – Celebrate and the Occasions Clear Stamps from Karen Burniston.
Tina Guigui Dornbaum was inspired by Els’ Sparkly Flower Lace video. To create her card Tina used Silk Microfine Glitter in Copper Rose & Light Brass and Soft Finish Cardstock. To decorate her card she used the ModaScrap Lacy Poppies; ModaScrap Stitched Fishtail Banners and Celebrate from Els van de Burgt Studio.
Suzanne Cannon was inspired by Els’ Coloring on Soft Finish Cardstock video. For her card Suzanne used A Way with Words – Merry Christmas 2; A Way with Words – Baby Love; A Way with Stencils – Flourished Frame Stencil and Sprig with Berries from Els van de Burgt Studio. She also used White; Ladybug Red & Olive Twist Soft Finish Cardstock to create her card.
For our final card today we have Melanie Smith who was inspired by Els’ Shimmer Sheetz video. For her card Melanie has used the Berry Branches Embossing Folder and Red Iridescent Shimmer Sheetz, as well as the Labels and Circles die set from Karen Burniston and Peel-Off Stickers.
Thank you for visiting our blog today. We hope you enjoyed seeing all the wonderful creations our Design Team created this month and that it has reminded you of the wonderful resource we have on our Elizabeth Craft Designs Youtube channel. Don’t forget to visit our designers’ blogs by clicking on their names to find out more about each project.
If you would like a chance to win our giveaway, be sure to leave your comment on TODAY’S blog post. We will select three lucky winners in a random drawing and the winners will be announced here on our blog on Friday, July 21st.
It´s Sanna here, and it´s my turn to post a tutorial for the Die Cut Design Team. Today I decided to share with you a teen boy birthday card idea. My son recently celebrated his birthday and this is the card I made for him. It is fairly easy to make and by changing the colors you can easily create a card for a teen girl using the same idea.
It is time for our Coloring Design Team March Designer Challenge. Our challenge this month is Fabulous Florals – Spring is upon us, so let’s see those flowers on our cards this month.
For today’s challenge we are giving away a “Fabulous Flowers” pack to 3 winners. The winners will receive the following: Joset Designs Pinwheel; Els van de Burgt Flower Cluster 1; Susan’s Garden Tulip 2; Suzanne Cannon A Way with Stencils -Butterfly Kaleidoscope Stencil; Krista Schneider Spring Blooms Stamp & Die set and ModaScrap Happy Flowers.
To enter, simply leave a comment on this blog post below and answer this question: “What is your favorite springtime flower?”
It’s Jackeline and to be in the spirit of Valentine’s Day I decided to create a card full of Love. I combined some dies from Joset Designs, Quietfire Design A Way With Words, and Els Van de Burgt Studio, all from Elizabeth Craft Designs.
Hello my crafty friends! It’s Raquel Mason here today. Purple is my favorite color and if you combine purple and glitter – well, it can’t get much better. I would like to show you how to make a pretty purple floral Stand Up Helper that’s perfect for that special someone. Don’t forget Mother’s Day is only 2 days away.
1. Cut light purple cardstock at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ then score at 2-1/4″ and 5-1/2″ for a standard A2 base card.
2. On the non-scored bottom of card, place one Stand Up Helpers 3 – Hinges die 1″ from the edge of card and 2-1/4″ from the bottom. Repeat for other side. From light purple cardstock, die cut 2 hinges from Hardware 1 – Hinges. Click HERE to view a tutorial from Els about using Stand Up Helpers.
3. From yellow and dark purple cardstock, die cut 2 different sizes of Katie Labels.
4. Cut yellow cardstock at 3-1/2″ x 4″ and 1/2″ x 5-1/4″.
5. Cut dark purple cardstock at 3-5/8″ x 4-1/8″ and (2) at 2″ x 5-3/8″
6. Cut 2 pieces of pattern paper at 1-7/8″ x 5-1/4″.
7. Adhere a sheet of Transparent Double-Sided Adhesive to white cardstock, remove release sheet, place desired peel-offs onto adhesive then cover with Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter. Color with alcohol markers and cut out images using Fine Pointed Scissors. Click HERE to view a tutorial from Els about this technique.
8. Use a Transfer Sheet to apply negative image to yellow cardstock. Click HERE to view a tutorial from Els about using Transfer Sheets.
9. Cut off (2) 3 scallop sections of Lace Fan peel off and place on top and bottom of yellow cardstock prior to adhering flower with foam tape.
10. Assemble card using photos for placement. Adhere Hardware 1 – Hinges over the Stand Up Helpers. Adhere a small piece of cardstock to the top back of the hinge to allow the Glitter Dot to stay in place. Place more Glitter Dots in desired areas.
I hope you have enjoyed this tutorial and feel inspired to try it out yourself.
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Cardstock: light purple, dark purple, yellow, white and pattern paper
Spectrum Noir alcohol markers
Hello my crafty friends, it’s Raquel Mason here today. With the busy holiday season upon us, I’d like to show you how to make a quick shimmery & sparkly card with only a few supplies. You can change the sentiment to suit your needs as Elizabeth Craft Designs has so many wonderful word peel-offs to choose from.
1. Cut a piece of gray cardstock at 5.5 x 8.5 and score at 4.25 for an A2 sized base card.
2. Cut a piece of White Iris Shimmer Sheetz at 4 x 5.25. Emboss using Ginko embossing folder. Swipe Teal Blue StazOn ink directly on top of the embossed areas. Use a sanding block to distress and remove some color, wipe off dust. I added some rubbing alcohol to a cotton ball then rubbed it on the Shimmer Sheetz to remove more color. Adhere to card base.
3. Cut a piece of teal cardstock at 3.25 x 4.25 and die cut top portion using Tags & More 1 – Lace to create the tag.
4. From gray cardstock die cut (2) decorative corner pieces and (1) reinforcement. Adhere these pieces to tag, use photo for placement. Add ribbon through the reinforcement hole and tie a bow with twine. Adhere to card base.
5. From gray cardstock die cut Lotus Flower.
6. Adhere a piece of Transparent Double Sided Tape Sheet to white cardstock that is large enough to fit the Lotus Flower, then die cut Lotus Flower overlay. Remove the release sheet, cover with Antique Silver Silk Microfine Glitter, shake off excess and polish with your finger. Adhere die cut overlay to gray Lotus Flower from step 5.
7. Use dimensional tape to adhere Lotus Flower to card.
8. Apply Thinking of You peel-off on the tag. Use photo for placement.
9. Optional: emboss the flap of your envelope using Ginko embossing folder.
I hope you have enjoyed my tutorial and feel inspired to try it out yourself.
Elizabeth Craft Designs Supplies –
Basic Gray & Bermuda Bay cardstock – Stampin’ Up!
Teal Blue StazOn
ribbon and twine
Hi! It’s Candy with another post for the Elizabeth Craft Designs blog. Everyone has a bad day once in a while and needs a sweet pick-me-up. I thought the new Rainy Day Set would be perfect for a thinking-of-you card. I used the Lucy Label Pop Up die for my card base and flowers from Bunch of Flowers Set 1 to finish of my card.
To create the card:
1. Cut purple cardstock 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″. Score at 4 1/4″.
2. Cut striped paper 5 1/8″ x 8 1/4″. Score at 4 1/8″.
3. Place Lucy Label die on crease of striped paper (centered) and cut. Fold out the pop up
4. Center and adhere the striped paper on the purple cardstock. (do not put adhesive where pop up is).
5. Cut flower pattern paper 5 1/4″ x 4″. Adhere to card front.
6. Cut strip of striped paper 5 1/2″ x 1″. Adhere to card front.
7. Stamp sentiment. Mat with red cardstock. Adhere to card front.
8. Cut light green cardstock and dot patterned paper flowers using Bunch of Flowers 1 dies. Adhere as shown.
9. Add Glitter Dots Peel-offs to the center of each flower.
10. Die cut umbrella, label, Thinking of You and boots and adhere as shown. Tip: For added dimension, use foam tape behind the front boot.
11. Optional: Create a place to write a personal message – Cut light green cardstock 2 3/4″ x 1 3/4″ and adhere.
12. Cut flowers from patterned paper using the same die set as in step 8. Arrange and adhere as shown.
13. Add Glitter Dots Peel-offs to the center of each flower.
I hope that you enjoyed today’s tutorial!
Purple and light green cardstock
Patterned paper: We R Memory Keepers Farmers’ Market
Stamp: Tim Holtz
Dimensional foam adhesive
Good Morning Everyone,
It’s me again, Rita! Ever since I posted my very first Elizabeth Craft Design project, I’ve been thinking and thinking and thinking… of what exactly could I do next. Something colorful? Something fun? Or maybe something new? Or maybe combine them all!
Let’s see what exactly I’m talking about! And before I forget, please remember to tell me in your comments below if you like this format of steps, I find them useful and would like to hear what you think.
1. Let’s start with some fun paper: Be. Loved by Fancy Pants Designs, which serves as the main frame and floor for my card. Also, we can use some Neenah Pearl card stock, which I airbrushed to serve as our sky.
2. Next I combined some sweet little digital images in Silhouette Studio: Tiddly Inks Hanging around little girl received some legs from School Girl and also added some little birds.
3. At this point we can pull out simple white card stock, double-sided-adhesive and my absolute favorite, Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter — getting exciting, right?
4. Once we peeled off the release sheet of our double-sided adhesive sheet, carefully place it over the white card stock. At this point, we can cut out the size of the paper we need, remove the other release sheet and apply our microfine glitter mentioned above — Els van de Burgt of Elizabeth Craft Designs has a wonderful video of this technique on YouTube: Silk Microfine Glitter – Coloring with Alcohol Markers.
5. Using our freshly glittered adhesive-cardstock, now we can cut out 2 poles and 10 little flags with the Lots of Pops die set. Also cut out the little heart from the Accordion Oval Card die set. They all look beautiful!
6. Using the Lots of Pops die set to create the base of our card.
7. And now my other favorite part: coloring is next! Yes, I’m addicted… So let’s color up the little upside down girl and the little birds. And here comes the beauty of Elizabeth Craft Design’s glitter: now I can use the same Copic markers on the flags that I also used on the clothing. How cool is that! No need to dig for matching paper! No need to match the cloths with paper we already found, none of that old hassle! And the colored flags are simply amazing! Daylight or by the lamp, everything is reflecting the light in the most beautiful way.
8. To decorate the front of our card, I used the Thinking of You die and one of the decorator pieces included in the Katie Label Pivot card die set to cut the label.
9. Now it’s time to assemble. Relax. Sit back and enjoy!
I hope to see your cards soon and please ask me any questions! Hugs, Rita
Katie Label Pivot Card die set
Lots of Pops die set
Accordion Oval Card die set
Thinking of You die set
Be. Loved. by Fancy Pants Designs
Neenah Pearl card stock