Hello friends – Karen Aicken here. I love figuring out ways for my dies to do double duty, as with the Rectangle Pull Card. Today I’ve turned it into a Stand-Up card! Let’s get started.
1. Cut light blue card stock 7-1/2 x 6″ and score the centre of the long side at 3-3/4″. Centre the Rectangle Pull card on the fold line and run it through your die cutting machine *Note: place the top cutting pad so the notch on the die does not cut. You are only cutting the Rectangle and about 1/4″ past the centre score line. Turn the card base so it opens from the bottom instead of the side.
2. Die cut Poppy’s shadow from black card stock. Cut a strip of peach patterned paper 3 x 6″, and adhere a 3 x 6″ strip of Elizabeth Craft Designs Transparent Double Sided Tape to the back. Cut a Poppy the Owl detail layer from this piece and adhere to the black shadow. Place the peach beak back into the opening on the black shadow. Die cut the eyeballs and beak from white card stock that also has Elizabeth Craft Designs Double Sided Tape on the back. Colour the beak with an orange marker and adhere the eyeballs and beak to Poppy. Cut one of the remaining peach circles in half and adhere over the white eyeballs to create eyelids. Adhere a black Glitter Dot Peel-Off on each of Poppy’s eyes over the opening in the white eyeball. Save the remaining peach patterned paper for step 6.
3. Now die cut the rest of the pieces for the inside of the card as follows. Cut a 6 x 1-1/4″ strip of green patterned paper and die cut the top edge with the Grass from the Outdoor Edges. Cut a rectangle of patterned paper 5-3/4 x 3-1/2″ and a white rectangle using the rectangle Decorator Die that comes with the Rectangle Pull Card. Die cut a green solid party hat and a white pom-pom and adhere together. Die cut 2 large and one small cloud from white card stock, using the All Seasons Tree. Die cut the spinner from the same blue card stock as the card base. Die cut the Happy Birthday from patterned card stock and adhere Transparent/Silver Glitter Dots to Poppy’s Party Hat. Assemble the inside of the card, using the top photo for placement.
4. Cut a patterned paper strip 6 x 2-1/4″. This is going to go over the ‘easel’ part of the card, covering the opening. It’s not necessary to cover the opening, but for this card I preferred the look. Apply your adhesive on the card frame, and not on the patterned paper.
5. Adhere the strip as shown, trimming the long edges even if needed.
6. Finish the front by cutting a white card stock strip 4-1/8 x 1″ and notch the ends to create a banner. Die cut letters to spell SMILE from the same adhesive backed patterned paper as in step 2 and adhere them to the banner. Add Glitter Dots as shown, then use foam tape to adhere the banner to the blue rectangle. Die cut one large cloud and two small ones. Add the clouds as shown, using foam tape on one of the small clouds.
I hope you will try this technique – there are so many fun scenes you can create inside these Stand-Up/Pull Cards!
Elizabeth Craft Designs Supplies:
974 Rectangle Pull Card
910 Poppy the Owl
914 Outdoor Edges (Grass)
781 All Seasons Tree (Clouds)
949 Props 2
947 Happy Birthday Pop Up (Happy Birthday)
7018 Glitter Dots in Black, and Transparent/Silver
967 Alphabet 1 Caps
508 Elizabeth Craft Designs Transparent Double Sided Tape – 64mm (2-1/2″)
509 Elizabeth Craft Designs Transparent Double Sided Tape – 152mm (6″)
Blue card stock – Stampin’ Up
White & Black card stock
Patterned paper – MME
Green Patterned Paper Scrap
Orange Glittered Patterned Paper Scrap
Copic Marker (to colour beak)