Karen here today from Craftily Yours! There’s a NEW release from Joset! Eek! Koala and Panda –– and a few other great die sets –– oh my!
Hi there everyone!
Angela here with today’s post. A good friend of mine is having hip replacement surgery next week so of course I need a card. I thought this would be a great time to try something I’ve not done before. I’ve used one of the Planner Patterns dies to emboss watercolor paper and then used watercolor paint to create an ombre effect to fill in the pattern. Stamps and dies from the Sentiments 2 sets complete my card front. Here’s how it all came together.
- Cut a piece of watercolor paper to 3.75 X 5 inches.
- Cut a piece of black cardstock to 4 X 5.25 inches.
- Cut Soft Finish cardstock to 5.5 X 8.5 and fold in half to create the card.
- Using a piece of low tack tape or a sticky note, center the die onto the watercolour paper and fasten.
- Follow the appropriate sandwich on your particular cutting machine. Remember to place your die cutting side to the paper, and then onto the silicone mat. This way the blade will emboss and not cut the paper.
- Run the sandwich though the machine.
- Once the embossing is done, use your favourite watercolours to paint each shape, starting with the lightest colour.
- As you move from one corner to the other, mix colors to create the ombre pattern. Let it dry.
- Attach the layers and center onto the card base.
- Stamp and cut the sentiment and attach using foam tape.
And you’re done! I hope this gave you some inspiration to create your own embossed cards!
Hey Crafters! Katelyn here, I’m excited to be sharing with you my Love you to the Moon & Back Tag which features a variety of dies and stamps from Suzanne Cannon! To compliment the products from Suzanne Cannon, I’ve also used dies from the Planner Essentials and Els van de Burgt Studio.
See my step-by-step below –– I hope you enjoy my tutorial!
Step One. Die cut the large tag from the Planner Essentials – 2 die out of a piece of White Soft Finish Cardstock.
Step Two. Place the Butterflies & Stars stencil on the tag and using a blending tool with foam, blend Fossilized Amber Distress Ink through the stencil. Move the stencil as desired around the tag and blend ink through it.
Step Three. Die cut the Ornament from the Love, Joy & Peace Ornament out of a piece of White Soft Finish Cardstock. Cut the top portion of the ornament off.
Step Four. Die cut a 2 1/4″ Stitched Circle out of White Soft Finish Cardstock. Apply a sticky note a 1/8″ in on the left hand side of the stitched circle. Apply Jet Black Archival Ink to the Moon & Back sentiment from the Soar Collection stamp set and stamp in the middle of the circle. Make sure that the majority of the moon gets stamped onto the sticky note.
Step Five. Die cut the Star spray from the Butterflies & Stars Sprays out of a piece of Sunflower Soft Finish Cardstock. You’ll need seven stars from the spray.
Step Six. Adhere the ornament to the stitched circle. Foam square the stitched circle to the right hand side of the tag.
Step Seven. Adhere the three of the stars around the Moon & Back sentiment. Adhere the other four stars as desired on the tag.
Step Eight. To finish the tag, tie a piece of twine to the top of the tag.
Thank you for joining me today! I hope that I’ve inspired you to create your own version of my Love you to the Moon & Back Tag.
Elizabeth Craft Designs Supplies:
- Distress Ink: Fossilized Amber
- Blending Tool with Foam
- Ranger Ink: Jet Black Archival Ink
- Misc: Twine