Hello – Karen Aicken here with an A2 size floral card to share. The great thing about a simple design like this is how easy it is to change. Use Christmas patterned papers and colours for the flower and switch to a different greeting (Merry Christmas, Season’s Greetings). Change the patterned papers, colour palette and sentiment to use this layout for other holidays and occasions year round.
1. Cut your white card base to 8-1/2 x 5-1/2″ to create a standard A2 size card. Place your
cut card base in the landscape position and score down the center at the 4-1/4″ mark.
2. Cut your patterned paper to 3″ high and 4-1/2″ wide and adhere along the bottom edge of the card. There will be a little overhang on each side edge, and you can trim this away with scissors or a craft knife. I prefer to cut my paper a little larger and trim it down after adhering it to the base than cutting it exactly to size and trying to get all three edges to line up.
3. Using the solid Crystal Flower Set 1, cut one of each size from a lightly patterned paper.
4. Take a piece of Double Sided Adhesive cut to 3-1/4 x 5-1/4″, peel off the backing paper from one side and adhere to a piece of white cardstock the same size.
5. Die cut one large and one small crystal flower overlay from the piece you just prepared, with the white cardstock facing the cut edges of the die. Because these dies are very intricate
I use my metal adaptor plate to get a clean cut. Note – save your scraps for step 17.
6. Peel off backing and carefully apply each crystal flower overlay onto the coordinating solid crystal flowers.
7. Add foam tape to the centre front of the largest flower and adhere the smaller flower on top.
8. Using the smallest circle die from the Crystal Flower set, cut circle from black cardstock and adhere to the center of the smallest flower. Spread with glue and sprinkle with Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter.
9. Apply peel-off border at the top edge of your patterned paper, trimming to fit. Add black Glitter Dots as shown.
10. Add foam tape to the back side of your crystal flower embellishment and attach to the card front as shown.
11. Die cut Hello from a scrap of black cardstock.
12. Trim a rectangle of patterned paper approximately 2-3/4″ long by 1″ wide and trim the ends into a fish tail banner.
13. Apply the Hello word in the center and add Glitter Dots as shown. Adhere to the card, below the flower using foam tape.
14. If you would like to decorate the inside of your card, this is how I did mine. Cut a panel of patterned paper 4 x 5-1/4″ and adhere inside card.
15. Cut a white panel 3-1/2 x 4-3/4″ and adhere over the patterned paper panel leaving an even border on each edge.
16. Cut a solid small butterfly from a scrap of patterned paper.
17. Using one of the scraps from step 5, die cut the butterfly body with the ADHESIVE BACKING facing the die (which is the opposite to how we cut the crystal flower overlays). Peel off the backing and dip the butterfly body into your Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter jar. Tap off the excess and polish with your finger. Adhere to the butterfly and attach the finished butterfly inside the card as shown using foam tape.
I hope you enjoy using this layout. It is simple but perfect if you are looking to make multiple cards.
Elizabeth Craft Designs Supplies:
924 Crystal Flower Set 1
923 Crystal Flower Overlay Set 2
787 Hello die
1278 Lace Fan 2 Peel-Off Border in Black
641 Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter
7018 Glitter Dots in Black
713 Small Butterfly
503 Transparent Double Sided Tape Sheet 6″ x 6″
803 Metal Adaptor Plate
White card stock
Scrap of black card stock
Patterned paper (Stampin’ Up!)