It’s Frances Byrne here today. As Easter is only two weeks away, I decided to create an Easter card for my tutorial today. I have used some of Elizabeth Craft Designs’ Peel Off Stickers and another one of the grids from Susan’s Garden Patch range of dies.
Here is how I created my card:
1. Die cut the grid from the Garden Patch 7/8 inch & Mini Leaves die set using brown cardstock and also designer paper.
2. Trim out the grids on the left side of the grid as per photo above. Layer grid to a piece of blue cardstock which is 4 1/2″ square. Add the designer paper squares to the outer grids. Cut a piece of white cardstock 2-7/8″ square and adhere it into the large grid.
3. Create a top-folding card from green cardstock which is 5″ square and attach the layers created in step 2 to card.
4. From the Small Eggs Peel-Off stickers, place three eggs and two butterflies onto white cardstock that has Transparent Double-Sided Adhesive on top. Remove release sheet, cover peel-offs with Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter and polish glitter with your finger. You can see a video Els created using this technique HERE. Color your images as desired.
5. Cut a piece of green cardstock 1″ x 3-1/2″ and another which is 2″ x 3-1/2″. Use the grass die from the Outdoor Edges set to die cut grass, keeping the die near the top of the card so you keep the full depth of the card. Ink edges using green ink. Trim grass so it is 2-7/8″ wide.
6. Assemble Easter Eggs and grass, adhering one of the eggs to the white cardstock first, then the 2″ deep grass over this. The last two Easter Eggs are attached to the card using foam tape and finally the 1″ deep grass again adhering with foam tape.
The inside of the card:
7. Cut a piece of white cardstock 3-7/8″ square and layer this to a piece of brown cardstock 4-1/16″ square. Layer this to a piece of blue cardstock 4-1/2″ square which is adhered to the inside of the card.
8. Roughly trim around the negative Easter Egg and butterfly image which remains after using the peel-off for your card. Peel off any excess black peel-off sticker that may be around your image until you just have the image as per photo above.
9. Cut a piece of Transfer Sheet large enough to fit over the Easter Egg and butterfly. Remove the protective backing and place the tacky side of the Transfer Sheet onto the negative shapes. Burnish with a bone folder or your fingers and carefully lift the Transfer Sheet checking to ensure that all of the pieces lift at once. You can see Els’ video using this technique HERE.
10. Now move the Transfer Sheet with negative shapes attached to it over to the card. When it is in the right spot, place it down onto the card and rub the front of the Transfer Sheet to release the pieces onto the card. Carefully lift the Transfer Sheet to check and make sure all of the negative image pieces are now on the card. (Don’t remove the Transfer sheet until all pieces are in place).
11. Using the Alphabet 1 – Caps die set, die cut “EASTER” from green cardstock that has Transparent Double-Sided Adhesive on the back of it. Adhere the letters so they are centered to the inside white card.
12. Die cut “Happy” from the Happy Birthday die from green cardstock that has Transparent Double-Sided Adhesive on the back of it. Adhere this above and to the left of the word “EASTER”.
Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you have enjoyed my tutorial.
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
1004 Garden Patch 7/8 inch & Mini Leaves
914 Outdoor Edges
783 Happy Birthday
967 Alphabet 1 – Caps
898 Small Eggs Peel Off Stickers Black
600 Transfer Sheet
508 Transparent Double Sided Tape 64mm
641 Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter
802 Fine Pointed Scissors
Cardstock: white, brown, blue, green
Echo Park Bundle of Joy New Additions Boy 6 x 6 Paper Pad