It’s Tanja here again and I would like to show you how to create this Christmas tag step by step.
Step 1: Die Cutting and Stamping
- die cut the larger tag from the Planner Essentials 2 die set from watercolor cardstock
- stamp the branches from the Christmas Garden set with Distress Inks (Pine Needles, Peeled Paint, Forest Moss, Bundled Sage)
Step 2: Faux Watercolor
- mist the whole panel with water –– don’t worry even though this looks a bit messy right now it will all turn out to be a beautiful background
Step 3: Embossing
- stamp some more branches with Versamark and heat-emboss them with WOW! Metallic Gold Rich Super Fine embossing powder
- add some embossing to the edges as well
Step 4: Sentiment and Finishing Touches
- add some splatters with watered-down Distress Ink Pine Needles
- stamp the sentiment from the Classic Christmas Sentiments set with Versamark onto a piece of torn vellum and heat-emboss it with that same gold embossing powder
- dye a piece of torn seam binding with all those green Distress Inks and thread it through the hole of the tag
- add some tiny gold stars around the sentiment
I hope you got inspired to start creating your own Christmas Tags.
Have a Christmasy day.
Distress Ink (Pine Needles, Forest Moss, Bundled Sage, Peeled Paint)
Metallic Gold Rich Super Fine Embossing Powder