Hello Crafty Friends,
This is Anita here with another inspiration from Susan’s Garden.
Nature is a blessing bestowed upon human life and proximity to nature brings solace to us. So keeping this in mind, I moved away from my usual style of flower making and have used the CountryScapes Mountains die set to create my card. There is sunshine in the valley and a sparkling snow-filled landscape.
To make this scenic landscape, follow the photos and instructions below.
- Cut four strips of White Soft Finish Cardstock 7″ x 3″ and die cut using the CountryScapes -Mountains die set.
- Add color to each piece using Peeled Paint Distress Ink. Spritz with water for a dappled paint effect. Dry with a heat tool.
- Using a strip of paper as a mask, add some Mustard Yellow Distress Ink to a piece of White Soft Finish Cardstock to make the rays of the sun for the back panel of the card.
- Layer the die cuts to the card as shown using Kids Choice Glue.
- Add some Kids Choice Glue on the edges as shown and sprinkle with Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter to give the effect of snow. Allow the glue to dry before brushing off any excess glitter. This ensures that the edges won’t smear and the ‘snow’ will remain precisely where it’s wanted!
- Using the A Way with Words – Celebrate die, cut two pieces of White Soft Finish Cardstock.
- Adhere die cuts to each other and add color using Peeled Paint and Stormy Sky Distress inks.
- Darken the trees to highlight them.
- Adhere the word to the panel toward the bottom right as shown.
- Mat the card panel on a piece of green cardstock measuring 7 1/8″ x 5 1/8″.
- Cut a top-fold card base the same size as the panel and adhere the panel to the front.
I hope you like this card and the serene snow-filled valley. Thanks for visiting.
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Distress Inks-Peeled Paint, Stormy Sky, Mustard Yellow