Hope you are enjoying this first day of summer. Hello, this is Selma Stevenson today. I love creating scenes using Susan’s CountryScapes die sets. As you probably know, Susan is very famous for her larger, very realistic flowers, but she also has a wonderful line of CountryScapes small flower dies, that help us create pretty outdoor garden scenes, such as this summer scene. Let me show you how I created this garden.
- Die cut two fence pieces, and one gate, using the CountryScapes Nantucket Arbor & Picket Fence dies.
2. Die cut the CountryScapes Garden Edges Rose Hedge using pink card stock for the roses. The little roses are very easy to create. You do not have to glue individual petals. Use the self-closing tweezers from Susan’s Flower Tool Kit and roll the die cut piece, gluing at the end. (You can see the rose die on the lower right side, in the picture above. You die cut 4 roses at a time.) Glue the roses to the rose hedge strip, then glue the little leaves around the roses.
3. I decided to be creative with some of the dies I have; I created a new, tall flower stem using three different die sets. For the flowers, die cut the little flowers from the CountryScapes Wisteria Vine die set, using two shades of purple card stock.
4. Die cut 6 stems from the Els van de Burgt Studio Flourishes & Branches die set, using green card stock.
5. Use the Els van de Burgt Studio Leafy Branch die set to die cut one Leafy Branch. Shape each leaf, using Susan’s Flower Tool Kit. A line was drawn down the front of each leaf, then the smallest stylus was used to press down on the back of each leaf, to give them dimension. Next, cut all the leaves, off the large die cut branch leaving a short stem.
6. Glue the purple flowers, alternating shades of color, on the top portion of the stem. Glue the individual leaves to the bottom portion of the stem.
7. Use the CountryScapes Critters 3 die set to die cut the dog. To color, sponge Really Rust Distress Ink on the dog.
8. Use Susan’s Garden Notes Bugs & Butterflies die set to die cut the smallest butterflies.
9. Use Joset Designs Rainbow Sky to die cut two clouds.
10. Use the A Way With Words – 4 Seasons die set to die cut the sentiment.
11. Assemble scene on card as shown.
Elizabeth Craft Designs Supplies:
Garden Edges Rose Hedge
CountryScapes Nantucket Arbor & Picket Fence
CountryScapes Wisteria Vine
Garden Notes Bugs & Butterflies
CountryScapes Critters 3
A Way With Words – 4 Seasons
Flourishes & Branches
Susan’s Flower Tool Kit
Soft Finish Cardstock
Really Rust Distress Ink