Happy summer! It’s Suzanne here today with a great way to capture a special summer moment or holiday! The hard part will be choosing just the right photo. Look at these two enjoying a fabulous moment in the sun…. sandy toes and mermaid hair! Capture this now before they grow up!
Here is how you can create this sweet card!
The first thing to do is choose your photo then everything else will fall into place. This photo created a bit of colour challenge choosing cardstock since it was virtually a black and white silhouette of the girls. I love the black mat, moving to gray. It was just too jarring to put bright colours next to the photo and took away the focus. You’ll have fun picking out colours in your photo and matching coordinating cardstock. You can always use black for a small mat as a starting point.
Here are the details of my card. Even if you use different cardstocks, you can follow the measurements.
- Form a 5×7” side-fold card from pink cardstock.
- Print and crop your photo to approximately 2-5/8” x 4”. Cut a mat from black cardstock that is slightly larger than the photo and mount the photo on it. Cut a grey panel measuring 3.5” x 5”. Cut a turquoise panel measuring 4” x 5.75”.
- Die cut “Summer” (from 4 Seasons die set) from turquoise. Die cut “Joy” (from Love Peace Joy Ornament die set) and the flourish from the Flourished Frame die set from pink cardstock.
- Adhere the pink flourish diecut under the top of the photo panel as shown. Adhere to the gray panel, then to the turquoise panel.
- Attach “Summer” under the photo (or across the bottom of the photo) and then overlap Joy. (Designer Tip: You can also use “Memories” to make Summer Memories or “Fun” – or “Play” to make Summer Fun or Summer Play!)
- Use Foam Squares to attach to the card base.
Don’t wait! Capture those joys of summer!
Happy creating! Suzanne
- Coordinating Cardstock: pink, black, gray, turquoise
- Glue Dots
- Foam Squares