Spring has finally arrived and soon the air will be filled with the wonderful fragrance of lilacs. We can create realistic lilacs for our cards and other projects using Susan’s Garden Notes Lilac die set. Using the A Way With Words 4-Seasons die set we can complete a perfect Spring card. Here is how this card was created.
1. Start with a 6 inch square card base in dark lilac or other color of choice. Die cut a white cardstock panel 5 1/2 inches square to fit on front of the card.
2. Use the 3rd largest die from the Stitched Circles die set to die cut a round opening in the center of the 5 1/2 inch square.
3. Use the 2nd and 3rd largest dies in the Stitched Circles die set to create the narrow frame that goes around the die cut circle in the 5 1/2 inch square. To make the frame: Tape the two dies down on a piece of white cardstock, centering the smaller die inside the larger die. Run through the die cutting machine. Glue this narrow frame over the die opening in the 5 1/2 inch square.
4. Use the Fleur de Lis Embossing Folder to emboss a piece of light green cardstock that is slightly larger than the opening within the circle frame. Attach to the back of the opening. Now attach the completed 5 1/2 inch square to the front of the card base.
5. Use Susan’s Garden Notes Lilac die set to create two lilac branches. The more little flowers you add to the branches, the fuller the flower will be. Watch Susan’s Garden Notes Lilac YouTube Video at this LINK if you haven’t made the lilacs before. Use lavender cardstock for the flowers and white cardstock for leaves and branches. Color the leaves and branches with Susan’s Garden PanPastels. Adhere the two Lilac branches as shown in the project photo. Add a sheer ribbon bow with double loops where the stems join for the look of a lilac bouquet.
6. Use the A Way With Words 4-Seasons die set to die cut Spring 6 times out of black card stock. Glue the die cuts one on top of the other for a dimensional sentiment. Adhere to the card front toward the bottom right, overlapping the circle frame.
Because of the dimensional nature of this card, extra postage may be required. Square envelopes require extra postage as well.
Elizabeth Craft Designs –
Cardstock in white, black, light green, purple
Sheer purple ribbon