Hi, Karen Aicken here. For today’s blog post I want to share a Christmas card. I used the pretty Winter Birds Circle Peel-Offs in Gold and colored on top of the Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter.
1. Form a 5″ square side-fold card from green cardstock.
2. Using the Accordion Circle Card, cut one panel from white pearl cardstock. Snip the circle away from the frame, and cut off all the tabs as we won’t be needing them.
3. Emboss the frame with the new Sprig embossing folder. You will need to run it through twice, shifting the embossing folder so the whole piece is embossed. Because of the random pattern of the sprigs, you hardly notice where the pattern starts and stops. Adhere the frame to the card front using double sided tape, not a tape runner. (A tape runner can flatten embossed cardstock.)
4. Emboss the circle from the Accordion with the same embossing folder and attach it inside the frame with double sided tape.
5. Attach a 4″ square piece of white card stock to one side of a double sided adhesive sheet. Attach the gold Winter Bird Peel-Off to the other side of the double sided adhesive and cover the adhesive with Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter. Brush off the excess and polish the glitter with your fingers to bring up the shine, then color with alcohol markers. Els has a wonderful video showing this technique, which you can see by clicking HERE.
6. Fussy cut the coloured Peel-Off and adhere it in the center of the embossed circle with foam tape.
7. Cut a white panel 4-1/2″ square and adhere it inside the card. Apply a gold Merry Christmas Peel-Off and your card is ready to give to someone special.
Elizabeth Craft Designs Products:
Green cardstock – Papertrey Ink
White pearl cardstock – Gina K Designs