Hi Everyone, it’s Tina here from the Die Cut Team. There are less than 4 weeks to finish your holiday projects. Today’s tutorial is a simple yet elegant Snowflake Holiday Card that is easy to mass produce. Below you will find the steps to replicate this card.
- Step 1 – Cut White Soft Finish Cardstock to 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″. Score and fold in half to form a vertical side-fold card base. Finished size: 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ (A2)
- Step 2 – Die cut the Stitched Rectangles die that is slightly smaller than the card front from White Soft Finish Cardstock.
- Step 3 – Stamp the sentiment “KEEP CALM AND GET YOUR JINGLE ON” onto the upper right corner of the Stitched Rectangle with embossing ink. Sprinkle with silver embossing powder and heat set with a heat tool. Add foam tape to the back side of the stamped rectangle and adhee to front of card.
- Step 4 – Die cut the pine needles twice from White Soft Finish Cardstock using the die from the Beautiful Baubles die set. Adhere to bottom left side of card, angled as shown, using Kids Choice Glue. See photo below for placement.
- Step 5 – Die cut the middle sized snowflake from the Ornate Snowflakes die set from Silver Metallic Shimmer Sheetz.(Note – A Metal Adaptor Plate or Precision Base Plate is REQUIRED when die cutting Shimmer Sheetz. Review Els van de Burgt’s YouTube tutorial if you are new to this technique). Adhere to the bottom left corner of card, over the pine needles where they overlap, using a small snippet of a Tombow Xtreme Adhesive Tab in the center of the snowflake, or Beacon GemTac glue (this glue is formulated for holding non-porous surfaces like Shimmer Sheetz to porous surfaces, like uncoated cardstock).
I hope you have enjoyed this simple tutorial to help you whiz through the rest of your holiday cardmaking! This card can be used for any occasion by simply changing the pine needles to leaves and the snowflake to a flower. The sentiment can be changed to the General Sentiments Clear Stamps. Below you will find a complete supply list including links to all Elizabeth Craft Designs products used for the project.
Thanks for stopping by.
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Clear Embossing Ink
Silver Embossing Powder
Metal Adaptor Plate or Sizzix Precision Base Plate
Beacon GemTac Glue or Tombow Xtreme Adhesive Tabs (to adhere Shimmer Sheetz snowflake)