Hello everyone, It’s Joset here today as your guest designer. I’m very excited to show you 3 dies from my upcoming release at Elizabeth Craft Designs. This time the theme is Safari so think cute animals, safari accessories and lots more! For this card I’ll be using the new Monkey, Jungle Leaves and Safari Accessories dies as well as the new Safari sentiments.
Let’s get started!
- Cut a square from White Soft Finish Cardstock using the largest die from the Fitted Squares die set. Add crushes olive and mowed lawn Distress Oxide using the technique shown by Els van de Burgt in this video HERE.
2. Die cut a circle in the middle of the square using the 4th largest die from the Fitted Circles die set. You can save this circle for another project.
3. Cut a dashing square from White Soft Finish using the largest die from the Dashing Squares die set. Adhere behind the square with circle using Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape. Add sentiment to the right bottom corner of the square using black ink.
4. Die cut jungle leaves and two large leaves from White Soft Finish Cardstock and color with twisted citron and mowed lawn Distress Ink using a round Mini Ink Blending Tool.
5. Die cut all the pieces for the monkey, the little banana and the safari hat and color with Distress Ink (Colors used: monkey – vintage photo and tea dye, banana – mustard seed, safari hat – forest moss and vintage photo). Add the mouth and eyes of the monkey’s face using a fine black marker.
6. Assemble monkey and safari hat as shown below using Kids Choice Glue or adhesive.
7. Add leaves, monkey with hat and banana to card front as shown. I used little dots of the Kids Choice Glue to adhere the jungle leaves.
I hope you enjoyed my project, and are as excited for my upcoming release as I am! The release will be available starting January 20 –– GO WILD!
Elizabeth Craft Designs –
Monkey – COMING SOON
Jungle leaves – COMING SOON
Safari Sentiments – COMING SOON
Die cutting machine
Distress Oxide colors: crusted olive and mowed lawn
Distress Ink colors: twisted citron, mowed lawn, vintage photo, tea dye, forest moss and mustard seed
Round Mini Ink Blending Tool
Fine black marker
Black stamping ink
Clear stamping block or Misti