Hello, it’s Diana and I’m so excited to share with you a card I made using some new A Way With Words dies. This is a favorite technique of mine – to use die-cuts and create my own embossed background. Here I repeated the “Sending” in the background and spotlighted the “Hugs & Kisses.” It’s so easy to change the colors to suit the recipient, too!
- Cut base of card with white cardstock 10″x 7″; score and fold in half. Finished card measures 5″ x 7″.
- Cut white cardstock 6 1/2″ x 4 1/2″ and another out of teal cardstock 6 5/8″ x 4 5/8″.
- Cut white cardstock 3 1/8″ x 3 1/8″ and another out of teal cardstock 3 1/4″ x 3 1/4″.
- Die cut A Way With Words Sending Hugs and Kisses: 12 white Sending, 1 black and 1 white Hugs, 1 black and 1 white Kisses, and 1 black and 1 white & (ampersand from AWWW Calligraphic Elements 2)
- On the white layer, glue the Sending on a diagonal. Trim off the excess portions of the words. Then glue on the teal rectangular layer.
- Glue the Hugs & Kisses so that the white is slightly off behind the black lettering.
- Adhere the Hugs & Kisses on the gray square and then the gray onto the teal.
- Wrap striped ribbon onto right side of card.
- Pop up the Hugs & Kisses square layer above ribbon.
- Adhere all the layers together onto card base.
I hope you like this technique! Thank you for looking!
Elizabeth Craft Designs Products used:
Other Products used:
Cardstock: White, teal, and gray