Hey Crafters! Katelyn here, sharing with you my Rejoice Christmas Card. The inspiration came from A Way With Words dies – Flourished Candle and Rejoice. With those elements figured out, I added more with dies from Els van de Burgt Studio and ModaScrap to finish it off. I hope that you enjoy my tutorial!
1. Die cut Rejoice out of White Soft Finish Cardstock. Using a blending tool with foam, blend Fired Brick Distress Ink over the entire surface of the word.
2. Using the Flourished Candle die set, cut all pieces out of White Soft Finish Cardstock. Blend Squeezed Lemonade Distress Ink over the entire surface of the candle flame. Blend Fired Brick Distress Ink over the entire surface of the flourished portion below the candle. (Refer to photo above.)
3. Die cut three small Christmas Flowers out of White Soft Finish Cardstock. Blend Candied Apple Distress Ink over the entire surface of two of the Christmas Flowers, blend Forest Moss Distress Ink over the entire surface of the third. Shape the two red Christmas flowers using the molding pad and tool. Shape the green Christmas flower using the leaf shaping tool and pad.
4. Die cut a 2 1/2″ Stitched Circle out of White Soft Finish Cardstock.
5. Cut a piece of White Soft Finish Cardstock that measures 1 1/2″ x 4″. Place the dotted line Fishtail Border die at the bottom of the White Soft Finish Cardstock piece and run through die cutting machine. Ink the edges of the piece using Ground Espresso Distress Ink.
6. Die cut the 3 1/2″ Stitched Fishtails out of White Soft Finish Cardstock. Place the 2 1/2″ Garden Notes Frame It – Stitched Circle in the center of the fishtail and cut a window as shown above. Ink the edges of the fishtail using Ground Espresso Distress Ink.
7. Choose one piece of patterned paper from the ModaScrap – White Christmas Paper Pack. Die cut the 4″ Stitched Fishtails out of the patterned paper piece. Ink the edges of the fishtail using Ground Espresso Distress Ink.
8. Adhere the dotted fishtail border to the bottom of the 4″ stitched fishtail.
9. Adhere the flourished candle to the back side of the circle in the center of the 3 1/2″ stitched fishtail. Adhere the 2 1/2″ stitched circle behind the candle. Use foam squares to adhere the 3 1/2″ stitched fishtail to the 4″ stitched fishtail.
10. Adhere Rejoice to the bottom right side of the 3 1/2″ stitched fishtail. Layer and adhere the Christmas Flowers. Adhere the flower to the left of the greeting as shown using foam squares for dimension.
11. Add five gold rhinestones to the middle of the Christmas Flower. Cut White Soft Finish Cardstock to 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, score at 4 1/4″ and fold in half to form a side-fold card base. Use foam squares to adhere the card front to the card base.
Thanks for joining me today. I hope that I’ve inspired you to create your own version of my Rejoice Christmas Card.
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
- Distress Ink in Ground Espresso, Forest Moss, Candied Apple, Fired Brick and Squeezed Lemonade
- Blending Tool with Foam
- Gold Rhinestones