Karen Aicken here with a masculine birthday card. It’s a Spiral Circle Pull Card with an extra flap, which gives you more room to write a message or add a larger greeting. Here is the card in the closed position:
Here is the card part way open;
And finally, opened all the way;
Here is how to make the card:
1. Cut your patterned paper 12 x 5-1/2″ and score at 4-1/4 and 8-1/2″. Line up the Spiral Circle Pull Card’s alignment nubs on the 4-1/4″ score line (pattern side up), centring the circle and stopping the cutting pad before the notches. You do not want to cut the notches for this card. Fold the right flap to the inside (patterned sides together). Fold the left flap to the inside on the 4-1/4″ score line, (patterned sides together) then fold the smaller section back to the left (pattern side out). This is your base card which is now ready for layers and embellishing.
2. Cut a second patterned paper as follows: one 3-1/4 x 5-1/4″ and one 4 x 5-1/4″. Adhere the larger panel to the inside centre of the card, and the smaller panel to the front of the right side flap (when it’s folded in).
3. Cut a white panel 3-3/4 x 5″ and centre it over the larger patterned paper centre panel from Step 2.
4. Using the decorator dies that come with the SCPC, cut a circle from the second patterned paper and adhere it to the front circle. Draw or computer print a number 4, fussy cut and add colour with markers if desired. Add to front circle with foam tape. Cut a few elements from the first patterned paper and adhere around card with foam tape. (Alternatively, you could use the Numbers & More die set.)
5. Using the Clock and Gears set, cut two large black gears, one small black gear and one large gear from the second patterned paper. Pierce a hole in the two large black gears and adhere a red mini brad through each. Add a red mini brad to the small gear. Layer one black gear with one patterned paper gear on the inside panel, and the others as shown or as desired.
6. Using adhesive backed red card stock, cut two red stars from the Happy Birthday Pop-Up and the letters to spell your name of choice. Adhere to card. Using adhesive backed black card stock, die cut the Happy and Birthday from the Happy Birthday Pop-Up and adhere to the inside panel as shown.
Note – If you want more room to write a message or note, add a second white panel to the inside right flap.
This type of extra flap works for many different occasions, and all the Pull Cards! It’s an easy way to change up the look of your cards in addition to giving you extra room for decorating. Try adding a spinner to that inner fold – or add the spiral to that extra inner flap!
Have fun with this technique.
Elizabeth Craft Designs Supplies:
916 – Spiral Circle Pull Card
917 – Clock & Gears,
947 – Happy Birthday Pop-Up,
967 – Alphabet 1 Caps
Patterned paper – Pink Paislee
White, Black and Red card stocks
Font – KG Happy