It’s Frances here today with a Pop it Ups Wednesday tutorial to share with you all. Some years ago Karen Burniston showed how to create a Flying Easel Card and that is what I have created using Poppy the Owl, Labels & Circles, Iron Fence Pop-Up and the All Seasons Tree.
Here is how I created my card:
Step 1 –
Using the Poppy the Owl die set, cut the following:
- (2) Solid Owl Bodies from Rich Black Soft Finish Cardstock.
- (2) Detail Owl Bodies from Designer Paper that has Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape on the back.
- (2) Sets of Eyes from White Soft Finish Cardstock that has Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape on the back.
- (1) Set of Solid Owl Feet from Black Soft Finish Cardstock.
- (2) Sets of Detail Owl Feet from orange cardstock that has Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape on the back.
- (2) Owl’s Beaks from orange cardstock that has Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape on the back.
- Assemble both owls, using photo above as a guide. Place the orange feet on either side of the black feet.
Step 2 –
- Using the two largest labels in the Labels & Circles die set, nest the smaller label inside of the larger one, making sure they are evenly spaced. Use low-tack tape to temporarily hold the dies together.
- Using these dies, cut two frames from blue cardstock.
- Place one of the frames on your work table so that the front of the frame is facing down.
- Place a piece of Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape to the top and bottom edges of the frame.
- Secure a piece of white twice so it is centered in the frame.
- Adhere the second frame over the top of the first frame so it hides the twine on the frame.
- Place a piece of Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape to the center back of one of the owls. Place the owl so it is centered onto the twine.
- Add more Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape to either side of the owl and place the second owl over the top of the first, so you have a two-sided owl.
Step 3 –
- Cut a piece of green cardstock that measures 5 1/2 inches x 11 inches. Score along the 11 inch side at 2 3/4 inches and 5 1/2 inches.
- Cover the front half of card with designer paper.
- Line up the second largest label from the Labels & Circles die set so that it is centered on the score line on the front of the card. Run through die cutting machine.
- Remove the label from the center and fold card using photo above as a guide.
- Apply adhesive to the lower half of the frame created in step 2 and adhere to the window on the card.
Step 4 –
- Die cut the fence from the Iron Fence Pop-Up twice from White Soft Finish Cardstock that has Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape on the back.
- Also die cut the fence from white craft foam twice.
- Trim both ends from the fences on both the cardstock and foam pieces.
- Join the two cardstock fences together to form one large fence.
- Adhere cardboard fence to fun foam fences.
- Adhere fence to the card base using photo above as a guide.
- Using brown ink, stamp the sentiment from the Occasions Clear Stamps set onto White Soft Finish Cardstock. Cut out the sentiment, leaving a thin white border on all sides. Adhere to the center of the fence.
- Using the tree from the All Seasons Tree die set, cut a tree from brown cardstock.
- Die cut the leaves from the Curvy Leaves die set two times. Add shading to the leaves using Copic markers or coloring medium of choice.
- Adhere the leaves to the tree.
- Adhere the tree to the card using foam tape for dimension, positioned so that the leaves are toward the left side of the card. (Note that the ‘tree’ becomes a ‘branch’ for this project – it is horizontal, not growing vertically.)
- Die cut the ‘Hi’ circle sentiment using the die from the Twist Circle Pop-Up card from green cardstock backed with Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape.
- Die cut a second ‘Hi’ circle from brown cardstock backed with Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape.
- Die cut the next larger circle (using same die set) from brown cardstock.
- Adhere the brown ‘Hi’ circle to the solid brown circle.
- Adhere the green ‘Hi’ (just the word) so it is inlaid in the center of the brown circle.
- Trim around the larger circle so it is the same size as the smaller circle.
- Adhere to the right side of the card, overlapping the end of the branch, using foam tape for dimension. Refer to photo below for placement.
Here is a look at my card when it is closed ready to be placed in an envelope.
Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you enjoyed my tutorial.
Elizabeth Craft Designs –
Twist Circle Pop-Up (Hi)
Cardstock – Green; Blue
Designer Paper – KaiserCraft Redwood 12 x 12 Paper; DCWV Latte Stack 12 x 12 Paper
Ink – Brown
White craft foam
Copics Markers or other coloring medium of choice