Hello crafters! In a few weeks it will finally be sweater weather here in south Texas and although we don’t get any real snow, it’s fun to create snowy scenes in cards. It’s also fun, and practical, to create interactive cards that double as gift-card holders. The Gift Card Accordion was designed to do exactly that.
Die Cutting Instructions:
- Using the Gift Card Accordion die set, die cut the following pieces: (1) white page, (1) brown page, (1) brown “a gift for you” with Double Sided Adhesive on the back of the cardstock before die cutting, (1) blue page with the stitched rectangle and the snowflakes from the All Seasons Tree nested in while die cutting. Also cut a brown tree.
- Using the Flourish Gift Frame die set, die cut the following pieces: (1) silver frame with the medium rectangle nested in while die cutting, (1) glittered white frame with the medium rectangle nested in while die cutting, (1) small brown rectangle. Use the outdoor Edges die set to die cut a triple tree from the brown rectangle, retaining all pieces. Also cut the triple tree from a piece of white cardstock with Double Sided Adhesive on the back and the two snowflake dies from the Sleigh die set.
- Glitter the two Sleigh snowflakes with Pewter Silk Microfine Glitter and the white triple tree with Warm Diamond glitter.
- Decorate the glittered white rectangle as shown below. Attach the brown page to the white page using the side tabs and glue the glittered Flourish frame to the brown page and the silver frame to the white page.
3. Add the glittered rectangle to the brown page and the upper part of the brown tree piece to the right page, tucking it under the tab at the top. Glue the glittered triple tree set into the brown piece and then inlay the small “L” pieces between the trunks.
4. Cut off the side tabs from the white page, both the outer tabs and the inner tab.
5. Pivot the right page as shown so the tree can be glued to the right page, attached only to the outer frame.
6. Add glue to the tab on the brown page and bring it over to attach to the white page, completing the assembly of the Gift Card Accordion.
7. After assembly, turn the card to the back. Trim the blue frame down to just the frame itself. Add it to the back of the white page and the silver rectangle as well, covering up the assembly tabs.
8. Tie a piece of ribbon around the right page rectangle.
The finished card will fit in an A2 envelope for mailing. I like that this card will be a pretty display piece, even after the gift card has been removed from the right page.
Elizabeth Craft Designs Supply List
- Gift Card Accordion
- Flourish Gift Frame
- All Seasons Tree
- Outdoor Edges
- Sleigh Gift Card Holder (snowflakes)
- Transparent/Silver Glitter Dots
- Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter
- Pewter Silk Microfine Glitter
- Double Sided Adhesive
- Bazzill Cardstocks: Marshmallow, Candy Bar, Silver, Poolside
- Silver Ribbon
- Gift Card