Good morning friends! Karen Aicken here with today’s Pop it Ups Wednesday tutorial. I’m having lots of fun with the new Pop it Ups Farm Collection, and today’s card uses a play on words for a Father’s Day card with Brownie the Cow.
1. First we will make up two Brownie the Cow’s. Adhere a 4-1/2 x 2-1/2″ strip of rust cardstock, a 3/4 x 2-1/2″ strip of white cardstock, and a 1 x 2-1/2″ strip of black cardstock to the 64mm (2-1/2″) Elizabeth Craft Designs Transparent Double Sided Adhesive. Die cut two shadows from charcoal pearlized card stock. Die cut two bodies from the rust adhesive backed card stock (remembering to leave room for the letters HERD and the word HAPPY), two pairs of eyes from the white adhesive backed card stock and two sets of hooves from the black adhesive backed card stock. Die cut the horns and muzzles from beige velvet adhesive sheet, then die cut two hay stacks and one small hay piece from a scrap of yellow polka dotted patterned paper. Assemble the two Brownies as shown, with one looking up. Ink the edges of the hay pieces and using the die as a stencil, use a marker to add the inner markings. Add the smallest hay piece as hair to the Brownie that’s looking down.
2. Cut your outer card to 4-1/4 x 12″ and score in half at 6″. Cut a piece of patterned paper 4-1/4 x 1-3/4″, ink the edges and attach to the bottom edge with the sides even. Computer generate or handwrite the words “HAVE YOU”, “IT’S FATHER’S DAY!” and “HAVE A ONE” on white card stock, leaving lots of room between the phrases. Use the largest rectangle decorator die from the Accordion Rectangle set to die cut the ‘HAVE YOU” leaving enough room below the words for the die cut letters and ink the edges. From the remaining rust card stock, cut the letters H E R D using the Alphabet 1 – Caps and centre the letters below the words. Attach to the front of your card as shown in the first photo. Add foam tape to the back of the looking up Brownie and adhere as shown.
3. Cut your inner card to 4-1/4 x 12″ and score in half at 6″. Centre the Lots of Pops die on the score line, using the alignment nubs on each side then die cut. Train your folds. Note, Karen Burniston has a video here that shows how to do this. Cut the “IT’S FATHER’S DAY” piece to 4-1/4 x 2-1/4″, ink the edges and attach to the inside top of your inner card as shown. Adhere a hay bale on each of the smaller bump outs and the remaining Brownie to the largest bump out.
4. Cut the “HAVE A ONE!” to 3 x 3″ square, ink the edges and adhere to the bottom of your inner card as shown. From the remaining adhesive backed rust card stock, die cut Happy from the Happy Birthday Pop Up and adhere as shown.
5. Apply 6mm (1/4) Elizabeth Craft Designs Transparent Double Sided Adhesive to one side of your inner card as shown in the photo below, and adhere it to the coordinating side of your outer card. Repeat to adhere the other side.
Trim bottom edges even and your card is ready for a special Father/Grandfather. It will be sure to make them smile!
By switching out the greeting this could make a great masculine birthday or congratulatory card as well. Have a great week!
Elizabeth Craft Designs Supplies:
Rust, White and Black cardstock
Computer Font – DK Insomniack
Dye ink and a sponge