Hello it’s Caz here and I am back with another Pop it Ups Wednesday post. It was a “flying by the seat of my pants” card as I had lost my list of dates and only today (Monday) realised my post was Wednesday! ekkk. After 4 days of being out of my shed I was well and truly ready for some crafting and lucky for me my Crafty Mojo played along with me and I designed a fun card for a boy.
As Mum to two boys I have had no surprises when I reach in their pockets, believe me I have found it all! Mostly it is sweet wrappers, screwed up tissue paper (ewww) or some “treasure” they found whilst outside. For this card I used the Barn as the starter for my pocket and I had some denim sheets that would work perfectly.
Here is the front of my card
And here is the inside of the card
I admit never finding a frog in a pocket! But I have found ants and various creepy crawlies in jars 🙂
Here are some steps as I talk you through what I did.
- Cut the BARN from the denim paper and then some white cardstock. Stick cardstock to the denim paper to make it a bit stiffer.
- Use a white pen to draw faux stitches around the pocket.
- Take a folded card and stick two pieces of 5 1/2″ denim squares on the inside of the card.
- Line up the central “Nubs” of the LOTS OF POPS die to the centre of the card and cut. Since I am cutting through a piece of card and the denim paper I ran the die back and forward to make sure it cut.
- Cut a HOPPY THE FROG from green cardstock and from black cardstock and cut and assemble as shown. You will need to cut a slit in the neck part as shown.
- Using Hoppy’s legs that have been trimmed, stick to the pocket as photograph shows. Add his head as shown too. Cut eyes from white cardstock and stick in.
- Taking a piece of 6″ x 6″ patterned paper I have used the AGATHA EDGES to give myself a decorative trim for the top and bottom of the card and whilst doing that I got left with an interesting shape that I used on the front of the card.
- Assembly the inside by sticking the pocket on the raised platform. I have also added a few more items regularly found in boys pockets. Sweet wrappers, string and a coin.
- Lastly for the inside I punched some stars and added those on 3d foam.
- For the front I added another folded card to cover the parts that had been cut out by the LOTS OF POPS die. I used another piece of 5 1/2″ square denim paper and used the left overs of the red patterned paper (As above)
- Cut HAPPY BIRTHDAY wording onto red card, cut oval of white paper and add dots with black pen.
- Add 3 punched stars to finish.
List of materials used :
Karen Burniston Hoppy The frog die
Karen Burniston Happy Birthday Pop it Up Die
Karen Burniston Agatha Edges Die
Karen Burniston Barn Pop Stand Die
Karen Burniston Lots of Pops Die
Other materials used : Patterned paper, star punch, holographic card, Denim Paper, Craft Knife, Black pen, glue.
I was really pleased how this card turned out. As I said before, plenty of inspiration as the kids never empty their pockets! Come to think of it I have washed my husbands wallet a fair few times too 🙂
I would love to hear what you thought and what is the weirdest thing you have found in one of your kids pockets?
Thanks for reading