It’s Sandy here with a Pop it Ups card celebrating my Dad’s 93rd birthday. I’m so fortunate to have both of my parents with me. They are in their 90’s and living independently near me. I have many birthdays on my May calendar but none more important than my Dad’s. I made this card for him and I’m sure he will get a little chuckle out of it.
Here’s how it came together –
Finished size of this card is 5.5″ X 5.5″ with a top fold.
- Cut card base 5.5″ X 11″, crease in center.
- Cut decorator panels – one 4.5″ X 4.25″, one 4.25″ X 4″, one 2.25″ X 3″, one 2″ X 2.75″. These can be any other size you like.
- Cut decorator panels for inside of card, one 4.5″ X 2.5″ and one 4.5″ X 2.25″.
- Using Jinks the Monkey die set, cut out one Jinks.
- Using Cake Pop Up card, cut one cake on the center fold of the inside panel of card. Inside panel on this card was cut 9″ X 4.5″ then creased in center. Cut decorator pieces.
- Using Occasions Clear Stamps, stamp “Happy Birthday to You” on white cardstock and cut out using Labels and Circles die.
- Using Labels and Circles die, cut out backing for stamped greeting.
- Using Twist Circle Pop Up, cut one “Hi”.
- Using Props 2, cut two balloons with strings and bow, one party hat and one party favor.
10. Attach decorator panels together and add to card front.
11. Assemble Jinks.
12. Add Jinks and “Hi” to card front.
13. Add decorations from Props 2, hat, balloons and party favor.
14. Fold inside of card so cake stands up.
15. Decorate cake.
16. Add cake panel to inside of card base.
17. Layer decorator panels; add Happy Birthday to You panels. Add to card.
I’ve enjoyed sharing my card with you.
I hope you will want to give it a try!
Elizabeth Craft Designs –
Birthday patterned cardstock
White, tan and black cardstock