Hi Everyone! It’s Katelyn here, sharing a masculine Birthday Card. My starting point for the card was the cupcake die. To make this card I used some of the newly-released dies as well as some favorite classic dies from Joset Designs, ModaScrap, and Els van de Burgt Studio. Let me show you how to make the card.
1. Use the Stitched Fishtails Die to cut four 1/2″ banners from patterned paper. Apply Jet Black Archival Ink to the solid star stamp from the Dream Sentiments clear stamp set and stamp onto one of the banners. Apply Jet Black Archival Ink to the open star stamp from the same set and stamp onto one of the other banners. Repeat the open star stamp on the last banner. Use an edge distressor tool to distress the edges of each banner. Using a blending tool, ink the edges with Black Soot Distress Ink.
2. String the banners onto a piece of black twine.
3. Die cut the word Party and the exclamation point from patterned paper. Using a blending tool, ink the edges with Black Soot Distress Ink.
4. Using the 3 1/2″ die from the Entwined Circles set, die cut Rich Black Soft Finish Cardstock. Using a blending tool, ink the edges with Black Soot Distress Ink so the white side of the cardstock won’t show.
5. Use the 3″ die from the Dotted Scallop Circles set to cut a White Soft Finish Cardstock circle. Use the 2 1/2″ die to cut a Rich Black Soft Finish Cardstock circle. Using a blending tool, ink the edges of both circles with Black Soot Distress Ink.
6. Use the 5 3/4″ die from the Stitched Rectangles set to cut a White Soft Finish Cardstock rectangle. Use the 5 1/4″ die to cut a patterned paper rectangle. Use an edge distressor tool to distress the edges of both rectangles. Using a blending tool, ink the edges of the rectangles with Black Soot Distress Ink.
7. Using the Stitched Fishtail Banners Die, cut the 1 1/8″ banner from patterned paper. One end will be notched, the other will be cut straight across. Turn the banner die and cut a second time to create a notch on the other end. Use an edge distressor tool to distress the edges of the banner. Using a blending tool, ink the edges of the pennant with Black Soot Distress Ink.
8. Using the Small Cupcake die set, die cut the star, the banner flag and top portion of the cupcake from White Soft Finish Cardstock. Die cut the bottom portion of the cupcake from patterned paper. Cut the stick portion off of the star. Using a blending tool, color the top of the cupcake with Ground Espresso Distress Ink. Blend Peacock Feathers Distress Ink over the pennant flag; blend Mustard Seed Distress Ink over the star. Using a blending tool, ink the edges of the cupcake paper with Black Soot Distress Ink.
9. Layer and adhere the cupcake pieces as shown in the photo above.
10. Adhere the 5 1/4″ stitched rectangle to the 5 3/4″ stitched rectangle.
11. Using foam squares for dimension, adhere the pennant to the middle of the patterned paper rectangle. Using tiny touches of quick drying glue, adhere the entwined circle to the middle of the pennant.
12. Adhere the black dotted scallop circle to the white dotted scallop circle. Adhere the white dotted scallop circle to the middle of the pennant. The dotted scallop circles will overlap the entwined circles in several places.
13. Adhere the cupcake to the middle of the black dotted scallop circle. Adhere the word ‘Party’ and the exclamation point just below the cupcake.
14. Adhere the star banner in the top right hand corner of the stitched rectangles.
15. To finish the card, cut a piece of White Soft Finish Cardstock measuring 6″ x 9 1/2″, score at 4 3/4″ and fold to create a top-fold card base. Adhere the layered rectangle to the front, centered, leaving a narrow white border.
Note: This card was designed with what are generally considered to be masculine colors, though women enjoy the deep, rich palette, too!
Thanks for joining me today! I hope that I’ve inspired you to create your own version of this Birthday Card.
Elizabeth Craft Designs –
Distress Inks – Ground Espresso, Mustard Seed, Peacock Feathers, Black Soot
Archival Ink – Jet Black
Mini Blending Tool, Replacement Foam
BoBunny – Life In Color – Discovery and Utopia
Edge Distressor tool
Foam dots or tape