Hello my crafty friends! It’s Raquel Mason here today. School is out for the summer! I thought I would make a graduation card to celebrate the students’ achievements. You can make this card for most any occasion by changing the sentiment and omitting the graduation cap. Let me show you how easy it is to make this card.
1. Cut black cardstock at 11″ x 5-1/2″ for the base card and fold at 5-1/2″. Cut blue pattern paper at 5-1/4″ x 5-1/4″ and adhere to front of card.
2. Using the largest oval companion die from Oval Accordion Card, die cut an oval in the center of the base card.
3. Cut a frame from pattern paper using Oval Accordion Card die and the next smaller size oval. Nest both dies onto pattern paper as shown in photo below then die cut. Adhere frame to card front.
4. Cut light green cardstock at 5-1/4″ x 5-1/4″ and adhere to inside of card.
5. Die cut the pieces shown below:
- Leafy Branch – Peridot Gemstone Shimmer Sheetz
- Owl die – (2) branches from light brown, (2) sets of leaves from Peridot Gemstone Shimmer Sheetz, overlay from black and pattern paper, eyes from white, shadow layer from tan and feet/beak from orange. Tip: adhere Transparent Double Sided Adhesive to black and pattern paper prior to die cutting will make assembly quicker.
- Props 2 – glasses from Light Blue Metallic Shimmer Sheetz and hat from black cardstock (not shown). Tip: use the oval die to cut the top part of hat off or hand cut.
- Brownie the Cow – tail only from black cardstock cut to look like a tassel (not shown). Tip: If you would like to decorate your envelope, die cut (2) sets of owl parts.
- Alphabet 1 – “GRAD” from Light Blue Metallic Shimmer Sheetz (not shown).
6. Assemble pieces from step 5 using photo below for placement. Use the oval opening to help center the branch and Owl. Use foam adhesive to adhere Owl on the branch. Apply Border Lines around the edges of card.
7. Close your card, use the inside branch to aid in placement of the branch on the front of your card. Cut Leafy Branch in half and place as shown. Apply Congrats peel-off and “GRAD” to bottom left of card.
I hope you have enjoyed this tutorial and feel inspired to try it out yourself.
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Cardstock – black, light green, tan, light brown, orange, white
Pattern paper – blue,