Have you seen all the new die sets in the Joset Designs Collection? Good Morning. This is Selma today. The card I designed for you is created with the new Joset Designs Skate die set. I have also used the new Small Poinsettia from Susan’s Garden Notes, Whitepine Bough & Pinecone dies, Berry Branch, and the the new A Way With Words NOEL. Here is how the card was created.
- Die cut the pair of ice skates using Soft Finish White Cardstock. Die cut the heal/sole piece using brown card stock and brushed silver card stock for the blades. Lightly sponge around the edges of the white boots using Tea Dye Distress Ink to give them a worn look. Assemble both boots, then use twine or ribbon to add laces, tying a bow at the top.
- Use Susan’s new Garden Notes Small Poinsettia die set to create the red poinsettia. Shape the petals with Susan’s Flower Tools.
- Use Susan’s Garden Notes Whitepine Bough & Pinecone die set for the pine boughs and to create two pinecones.
- Using Gold Shimmer Sheetz, die cut three Els van de Burgt Studio Berry Branches. Remember that you will need a metal adaptor plate for cutting Shimmer Sheetz. If you are new to this technique, check out Els van de Burgt’s YouTube tutorial.
- Use the new A Way With Words Noel die to die cut the sentiment.
- Add a piece of design paper of your choice to the front of a 6×6 inch card. Attach the boots on the lower edge. The boot on the right should be attached with dimensional tape.
- Decorate the top of the boot, as shown, using the Whitepine Boughs and Pinecones. Tuck in the gold Berry Branches.(I cut the branches apart.)
- Add the A Way With Words Noel die cut as shown.
- Add Gold Line Peel Off Stickers around edges of design paper and two Gold Corner Peel Off Stickers at the top.
Brushed Silver card stock
Twine or ribbon
Design paper of choice
Tea Dye Distress Ink