Hi everyone! I’m Joyce Schmidt. I have a funny story to share…
I have been moving into my new studio for what seems to be an eternity. I finally decided to get my craft on.
I decided on Sunflower from Susan’s Garden and the wood crate. I had just created the wooden crate to put Sunflowers in, looked down and my dog Jackson had literally EATEN it!!!!
I took a deep breath and decided to use this opportunity to start over😬
This is what I created after “the dog attack”!
Here is how I did it.
- I started out by spritzing the white card-stock layer with the new distress oxide sprays. Then let it dry because the colors are darker when wet-luckily the brown lightened up.
- I die cut and RE-created the crate, once with Elizabeth Craft Designs double sided tape sheets and the other just plain brown paper. I adhered them together for thickness.
- Next, I made the Sunflower. To me, this is a great flower for a new person to paper gardening. It is easy to shape and even easier to assemble.
- After shaping the petals, I die cut 3 plates of the little stars (seeds) for the center out of brown card stock. I used my thicker more sturdy mat. This allowed me to use the small stylus and really shape those seeds.
- To finish, I layered the white on top of yellow and used a brown card base. Voila! One easy simple but beautiful card.
I think I might send this as a “thank you” card as my new Studio is finished!!!! I have had a lot of blessings and people who have helped us make this dream come true!
I hope you have enjoyed this card. It’s fun, EASY, and oh so beautiful!