Hi, it’s Sandy Diller here – I’ve been working on some tags for CHA and thought it would be fun to share one with you today. Making tags is fun and easy, rather like making just the inside of a card. No need to worry about the thickness because it doesn’t close. The holiday season will soon be over for another year so let’s think about what’s coming next; Valentine’s Day!
Love is in the air-
- Using Elizabeth Craft Designs 100# Soft Finish cardstock cut one piece that is 3.25″ X 8.5″.
Cut decorative top using Tags & More 1, Lace.
The hearts are from several different die sets, all listed below. Cut hearts from white cardstock that has Double Sided Adhesive added to the back. Die cut with the adhesive side up. Make at least 4 of each size, so you’ll have plenty for the project. Plus, if there are leftover hearts, they can always be used for a future project.
From the Katie Label Pivot Card -cut 2 of the smallest labels, one from soft finish cardstock and another from the adhesive-on-white cardstock.
Barrel Basket die – cut the main basket from textured paper, the handle and bands from a darker color and the grip from another lighter color.
Working on a non stick mat or piece of scrap paper add molding paste to tag as follows.
- Using the *NEW* Stage it Stencil – Medallion – place stencil over tag and line up edges using temporary tape to hold in place.
- Using molding paste (aka modeling paste or embossing paste) spread over stencil, spreading like peanut butter. Smooth paste over stencil until tag is covered.
- Remove stencil lifting straight up and clean stencil immediately.
The tag may buckle but will flatten as it dries.
- Allow paste to air dry. Do not use heat gun for drying – it will cause the paste to puff up
- Peel protective sheet from hearts to expose adhesive and dip in ECD Microfine Glitter, Warm Diamond.
- Polish Glitter with fingers.
- With blending tool – add color.
- When molding paste is dry – spray tag with stain.
- Dab excess stain with dry paper towel. This will make color even and take stain off the molding paste making the pattern pop.
- Allow to dry completely.
- Stain one label with same stain as tag – dry.
- Stamp with “hello” from Cheeky Monkey Clear Stamp Set (coming soon) and the “sweetie” from Just A Note Clear Stamp Set (coming soon).
- Remove protective sheet from adhesive on second label and attach to stamp label.
- Edge label with color.
- Poke hole in lower left corner of label and hang heart using jump ring, string or twine.
- Assemble basket and glue in corner.
- Arrange and glue hearts.
- Glue label on tag.
- Add ribbon.
My mixed media tags using Pop it Ups products with the Tags & More dies will be on display in the Elizabeth Craft Designs CHA booth #775 January 9-12, 2016. Stay tuned to the Facebook pages (check the right sidebar for links) to see photos and videos from the show.
Here’s what you’ll need to make this tag:
Elizabeth Craft Designs Supplies:
- S003 Medallion Stage it Stencil
- 1105 Barrel Basket w/ Pop Up
- 1104 Hanging Charm Pull Tab (heart charm)
- 762 Katie Label Pivot Card (labels)
- 951 Tags & More 1, Lace
- Cheeky Monkey Clear Stamp Set
- Just A Note Clear Stamp Set
- 100lb Soft Finish Cardstock
- 640 Silk Microfine Glitter, Warm Diamond
- Fine Pointed Tweezers
Decorator Heart dies from these sets:
- Brown & corrugated papers for basket
- Molding paste (also called modeling or embossing or texture paste) plus a palette knife (or credit card)
- Spray stain
- Coordinating inks