Hi there! It’s Suzanne Cannon here today with a fun little project. It’s a card with a little pop up word surprise inside. I don’t know how I figured out this would work, but maybe the cat (who loves to chew my diecuts when he is in a mood), manipulated Merry Christmas in just the right way…..
This card is just waiting for more embellishments from your personal stash. It’s simple to make when you know a few easy tricks! Here is how you do it.
1. Form a side fold card base measuring 3 x 4.5” from white cardstock. Die cut Merry Christmas from white cardstock. Die cut largest snowflake in Whisper Blue.
2. Cut a piece of Whisper Blue cardstock slightly larger than the Snowflake embossing folder and emboss so that the snowflakes pop out of the coloured side of the cardstock. Remove from folder and trim to the edge of the embossing. Score and fold in half.
3. Score Merry Christmas in vertical strokes as shown in illustration. The dashed lines are the score lines. The red portions show where the glue will be applied later. You do not need to score the very bottom of the lower flourish. Now carefully accordion fold the Merry Christmas diecut and unfold.
5. Hold it in place and use a toothpick to apply glue to back of the diecut where indicated, then push it down onto the embossed panel. Let the adhesive dry before step 6.6. Accordion fold the diecut again and apply glue to the other side where indicated in red on the illustration above. Let the glue dry again after this step.
Now carefully close the embossed panel. Doing this will ensure your diecut is positioned properly. Carefully open the embossed panel et voila!
7. Apply adhesive to the back of the embossed panel and adhere it to the white card base with center folds aligned.
8. Apply snowflake to the front of the card with a little glue at the top of the flake to hold it in place. Add a half-pearl or Glitter Dot. (The rest of the snowflake floats free from the surface.)
Now add a few embellishments if you desire and surprise – A little pop up word!
Happy creating, Suzanne
Elizabeth Craft Design Supplies: