It’s Frances Byrne here. Today I am sharing a Christmas card that I created using the new Tags & More 9 – Sparkle die set along with one of the new A Way with Words sentiment dies from Quietfire Designs. The width of the Tags & More 9 – Sparkle die set is 4 1/4 inches and of course can be any length, so it is perfect to use for creating cards.
The layout of this card can be adapted for any occasion just by changing the colors, sentiment die and dies used to decorate the card.
Here’s how I created my card:
1. Creating the base card –
- Cut a piece of red card 4 1/4 inches x 11 inches. Score the card along the 11 inch side at 5 1/2 inches (do not fold yet).
- Line up the main tag die from the Tags & More 9 – Sparkle at the top of the red card stock so that the edges of the die will line up on the edge of the card and die cut.
- Place the swirls decorative overlay die from the same die set at the top of the tag so that the rounded shape of the overlay lines up with the rounded shape of the tag and die cut.
- Fold the card along the score line we created early to create a side folded A2 card as per the photo above.
2. Cut a piece of Gold Shimmer Sheetz large enough to cut the A Way with Words Merry Christmas sentiment die. Adhere Transparent Double Sided Adhesive Tape to the back of the Shimmer Sheetz and die cut the sentiment. Make sure to use the metal adaptor plate when die cutting Shimmer Sheetz.
- Adhere the Gold Shimmer Sheetz Merry Christmas word to the front of the card. The flourish at the bottom of the sentiment should be as close to the bottom of the card as possible.
3. From green card die cut three holly leaves using the Holly Leaves & Berries die set. Shade the edges of the leaves using Bright Yellow Green & Turquoise Pan Pastels from the Susan’s Garden PanPastel Flower Coloring Kit 2.
- Attach a piece of Transparent Double Sided Adhesive Tape to the front of a piece of red card large enough to die cut the four berry cluster from the Holly Leaves & Berries die set. Remove the protective backing from the adhesive and cover with True Red Silk Microfine Glitter. Polish the glitter with your finger.
- Attach the Holly Leaves & Berries to the top of the card as per photo.
4. The inside of the card:
- Cut a strip of green card 2 inches x 4 1/4 inches. Attach to the right hand edge of the inside of the card, so that the green with show through the die cut swirls when the card is closed.
- Adhere a Gold/Silver Glitter Border Peel-Off Sticker to the edge where the red and green card join.
- Stamp the sentiments “Merry Christmas” and “and Happy New Year!” from the Merry & Bright Clear Stamp set using black ink to the red portion of the card.
- Die cut two more holly leaves from green card using the Holly Leaves & Berries die set. Sponge the edges using the PanPastels as per the front of the card in step 3.
- Attach a piece of Transparent Double Sided Adhesive Tape to the front of a piece of red card large enough to die cut the three berry cluster from the Holly Leaves & Berries die set. Remove the protective backing from the adhesive and cover with True Red Silk Microfine Glitter. Polish the glitter with your finger.
- Adhere the Holly Leaves & Berries to the bottom of the inside of the card underneath the sentiment.
Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you have enjoyed my tutorial.
Supplies:Elizabeth Craft Designs: 1056 Quietfire “Merry Christmas” 1077 Tags & More 9 – Sparkle 926 Holly Leaves & Berries 0212 Gold Metallic Shimmer Sheetz 509 Transparent Double Sided Tape 152mm 614 True Red Silk Microfine Glitter 30116 Susan’s Garden PanPastel Flower Coloring Kit 2 CS003 Merry & Bright Clear Stamp Set 7010 Gold/Silver Glitter Borders Peel-Off Stickers Other: Cardstock: white, red, green Foam Tape Scoring Tool Black Ink