It’s Caz here to with my Wednesday with Pop it Ups! project. Today I have created a fun Diorama Card starring Lucky the Rabbit. Diorama cards are a breeze when using Karen Burniston’s Accordion dies as your starting point, And with many different Accordion shapes to choose from you can do them in a wide variety of ways.
Here is how to make it:
1. Cut a Fancy Frame Accordion and Circle Accordion from yellow cardstock. Take another piece of yellow measuring 4 11/16″ x 8 11/16″ and score at 2″ from each end.
2. Cut away the centers of the Accordions and create two strips measuring 1 1/2″ x 4 11/16″ and score at 1″. Cut straight ends to a slant so they will fit more neatly onto the accordion.
3. Using Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape, adhere the ends on the the frames so you will now have two frames with a folded part on either side.
4. Cut 2 trees, 2 grass borders and 3 clouds from Soft Finish Cardstock and colour with ink from the ink pads. (Use sponge daubers to apply the ink.)
5. Cut all the pieces needed for Lucky the Rabbit and assemble. Use patterned paper for the soles of his feet; color his cheeks with a touch of pink ink.
6. Stick the tree, grass border and Lucky the Rabbit onto the front panel.
7. Cut Kite pieces from patterned, glittered, and solid color papers.
8. Stick assembled kite and a grassy border onto center panel and a grassy border. Attach the back panel that has been decorated with a piece of blue cardstock and clouds.
9. Complete the card by adding the front panel.
Here you can see the depth of the card. These cards are great as the can fold flat for popping into an envelope.
I could have really gone to town with the decorating, but left it reasonably simple.
Elizabeth Craft Designs Supplies:
Yellow, blue and white cardstock; Distress Ink Pads in pink, green and brown.
I do hope you have enjoyed looking at how I made this Diorama Card and it inspires you to have a go.