Happy August! It’s Suzanne here today sharing a bright and vibrant project with you. It’s summer and a time to celebrate some great moments! Why not send a photo to someone you spent time with this summer as a sweet (or cheeky…Cheeky works) memory? Here is a folder (a big card, really!) just waiting for the perfect photo!
Let’s make it!
- Form a tent-fold card base measuring 9 x 5.5” from a sheet of 12 x 12” Rosebud. Cut a panel from Time for Teal measuring 8-3/8 x 4-5/8” and mat it with a panel 1/8” larger all around cut from Sunflower cardstock.
- Die cut the flourish from the “Flourished Frame” die set five times from Sunflower cardstock. These will be the sun’s rays.
- Die cut “Summer” (4 Seasons die set) from Time for Teal cardstock and “love” (Baby Love die set) from Rosebud cardstock.
- Die cut the third largest Fitted Circle from Sunflower cardstock. Trim to almost half size. This will be the sun. Use a pencil to lightly mark the middle along the cut edge. Mark the middle of the long side of the Time for Teal panel and use one small glue dot to hold the “sun” in position at the center of the long edge.
- Position the flourishes as the sun’s rays as shown, using one small glue dot to hold each in place, sliding one end under the sun. One glue dot makes it easier to re-position the rays if necessary! Once you’re happy with the position of the rays, add another glue dot to the back of each ray by lifting their edges.
- Gently remove the sun from the panel. Attach “love” and “summer” as shown. Re-attach the sun over the rays using 3d foam squares.
- Attach the decorated panel to the Sunflower mat panel and adhere to the card base with 3d foam squares.
- Add a fun photo to the inside of the card with a handwritten message and send to someone special! (You might even add the diecuts “love” and “you” from Thank You to the inside!)
Hope this inspired you to make your own version of a photo folder!
Until next time!
Glue Dots – Micro
Scrapbook Adhesives 3D Foam Squares