Good Morning. This is Selma Stevenson today. It is always exciting when we have new products to create beautiful cards. Susan’s Garden as six new Garden Notes die sets. One of the new flower die sets is ‘Love In A Mist’ which I have used for my card today.
To create a background for these pretty flowers, three ovals were die cut.
- Use the Fitted Oval die set and die cut an oval using Watercolor paper. Use Ranger Distress Oxide Cracked Pistachio, Salty Ocean, and Wilted Violet to create a colored background.
- Use Dotted Scallop Ovals die set and White Soft Finish Cardstock to die cut an oval slightly larger.
- Use the Dotted Scallop Ovals die set and Whisper Blue Soft Finish Cardstock to die cut another oval slightly larger than the white oval. Layer the three ovals together.
5. To prepare cardstock to create the flowers, use a piece of watercolor paper and lightly sponge on Distress Oxide Faded Jeans Ink.
6. Use the Garden Notes Love In A Mist Die set and die cut three flowers. Sponge additional Faded Jeans Oxide Ink at the base of all the petals. Shape the flowers with Susan’s Flower Tool Kit and assemble the flowers. To make it easier to shape the flowers, mist the back of the petals with water prior to shaping.
7. Use the Dancing Butterfly die set and die cut one butterfly. Attach the butterfly using a small piece of dimensional tape. Add Rhinestones on the body.
8. Attach the flowers to the lower left side of the Ovals, using dimensional tape.
9. Use Susan’s Little Words That Mean A Lot clear stamp set and stamp the sentiment using black VersaMark Ink. Clear emboss the sentiment.
10. Use the Stitched Fishtail Banners die set to die cut the sentiment. Stamp the sentiment close to the fishtail end of the banner. Cut the banner so it fits under the flowers and the fishtails fit at the lower right side of the card.
11. For a finishing touch, add clear embellishments on the outside of the arrangement.
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Distress Oxide Inks, Cracked Pistachio, Saltly Ocean, Wilted Violet
Black VersaMark Ink
Clear Embossing Posder