Hello to all my crafty friends out there! For us here in Maine spring is still a couple of months away but that hasn’t stopped me from thinking about spring flowers. Today my post for Susan’s Garden Team has Susan’s newly released Garden Notes Fairy – Rose Petal and she is watering a patch of tulips which is from one of her older releases.
Here is how the card was created.
- Card base is 5″ X 6″ formed by cutting white Soft Finish Cardstock 6″ X 10″ scoring at 5″ fold on score line.
- Using largest oval (#6) from Els van de Burgt Studio Stitched Ovals cut 1 from white Soft Finish Cardstock. Using next to largest oval center on large oval you just cut lightly trace around inside using a pencil.
- Using Susan’s Garden Earth & Sky Stencil and light blue from Susan’s Garden PanPastels Set 2 make sky. On bottom quarter of oval use grass side of stencil and medium green Susan’s Garden PanPastels Set 2 add grass.
- Note: Photo shows fitted dies numbered I find helpful) Using pink cardstock cut frame using #5 and #4 fitted ovals. Lay #4 inside #5 centering use removable tape to hold in place while cutting.
- Do same to cut white oval frame using #4 and #3 fitted ovals.
- Add Clear Double Sided Adhesive to back of pink cardstock using corner of your choice from Els van de Burgt Studio Corners 1 cut 4 corners. Cut Love twice using Els van de Burgt Studio new Love Sentiment set attach one on top of the other giving a little dimension.
- Using new release Susan’s Garden Notes Fairy – Rose Petal die cut fairy from flesh colored cardstock or white cardstock colored with skin tone marker (colored cardstock used here). Color hair, face and top using markers. Cut rose petals from white cardstock or color of your choice. Shade with PanPastels or markers shape using Susan’s 4pc Tool Set and Molding Mat. Cut caylx from green cardstock. Cut wings from white cardstock that has Clear Double Sided Adhesive on top side. Using Silk Microfine Glitter Warm Diamond with a pinch of Peony Pink mixed in coat wings being careful not to get fingers on adhesive. Burnish in with finger. Assemble fairy using Kids Choice Glue.
- Cut 1 watering can from Susan’s countryScapes Backyard 1 using silver cardstock. Sand a little rub with brown ink to give it an aged look.
- Cut Susan’s CountryScapes Garden Edges Tulips from green cardstock and flowers from pink cardstock. Using Kids Choice Glue add tulips to top of hedge. Lay face down on molding mat and using small ball tool push into tulip giving a little dimension.
- Assembly: Using Clear Double Sided Adhesive attach large white oval to card front. Again using Clear Double Sided Adhesive attach pink oval frame over large being careful to center. Next you want to fit tulips – lay small oval frame over pink frame then figure out where you want your tulips. Cut tulip strip and stagger second piece behind first piece trim off any extra. Remove small frame glue down tulips using Kids Choice Glue. Using Clear Double Sided Adhesive attach small oval frame. Attach fairy to right side of oval using Kids Choice Glue. Attach watering can. Attach “Love” to left side of oval. Add corners and pearls. Use Liquid Glass to add droplets coming from watering can spout. (Clear drying dimensional liquid). Do this last as it needs time to dry.
Elizabeth Craft Designs Supplies
Cardstock Pink, Green, Flesh, Silver
Self-stick Half Pearls
Do hope that you have enjoyed this tutorial today and that you will make your own version of this card. Be sure to visit Elizabeth Craft Designs for your supplies.
Until next time – Happy Crafting!