It’s Joset here. For my project today I decided to create a simple, elegant card that can be used for many occasions. I picked one of my favorite Peel-Off stickers, the Lotus Flower, to decorate my card. I like this peel-off so much because it’s such a beautiful flower to color. I also used the Stand Up Helper 3 – Hinges and the Flourish with Flowers dies.
1. Card Base:
- Cut black cardstock 4-1/4″ x 11″.
- Score at 5-1/2″ and fold in half to create your card base.
- Cut another piece of black cardstock 3-3/4″ by 4-1/4″. Set aside.
- Cut flower pattern paper 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″. Ink edges with black ink. Adhere to card front.
- Cut the letter pattern paper just slightly smaller than the 3-3/4″ x 4-1/4″ black cardstock.
- Ink edges with black then adhere to black cardstock.
- Adhere both to card front as shown.
3. Lotus Flower:
- Color Lotus Flower Peel-off using Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter and alcohol markers using the technique shown by Els van de Burgt HERE.
- Cut out flower using Fine Pointed Scissors.
- Take a small piece of Gold Metallic Shimmer Sheetz large enough to cut 3 hinges.
- Lightly sand one side of the Shimmer Sheetz (sand the side that doesn’t turn transparent). This sanded side will be the front.
- Adhere Transparent Double-Sided Adhesive on the back of the Shimmer Sheetz but do not remove the backing.
- Using one of the Hinges Stand Up Helpers, die cut 3 hinges using the Metal Adaptor Plate. You will have to hand cut the bottom part of the hinges.
- Adhere hinges as shown.
- Cut 1 Flourish with Flowers from black cardstock.
- Adhere to card front.
- Adhere the Lotus Flower Peel-off on top, slightly at an angle.
I hope you enjoyed this quick tutorial. If you have any questions, leave a comment and I will send you a reply.
Have a wonderful day!
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Patterned Paper: Graphic 45 – Artisan Style Collection
Copic markers: RV69 Peony, G99 Olive (or similar color)
Colorless Blender Pen