Good Morning. This is Selma today with the last Christmas card for this year. I love creating my Christmas cards with Susan’s Garden Notes Poinsettia and Whitpine Bough & Pine Cone dies and combining them with the new Els van de Burgt Studio Stitched Ovals and Fitted Frames 4 Curvy Ovals.
Here are instructions for creating this card:
- Use a 6″x6″ card base. Add a slightly smaller piece of pattern paper of your choice to the front.
2 Die cut Susan’s Garden Notes Poinsettia three times to create a full poinsettia. Glue the three large die cuts together, alternating petals. Add as many of the smaller petals as you want to create fullness. Add bracts to the center of the flower. There is a die for the bracts, but I used prills.
3. Die cut Stitched Ovals in both white and green cardstock.
4. Use Susan’s “Let Us Be Grateful” rubber stamp for the sentiment. Use a black marker to color only the first sentence on this stamp. Use black ink to stamp it on the smallest white oval circle.
5. Die cut Fitted Frames 4 Curvy Ovals using green cardstock.
6. Layer ovals as shown, using dimensional tape on back of second largest white oval.
7. Layer Susan’s Garden Notes Whitepine Boughs on lower left corner of oval frame.
8. Add die cuts of the Els van de Burgt Studio Berry Branch, using brown cardstock. Use Viva Red Pearl Pen to create the red berries.
9. Add the poinsettia you created with a dimensional glue dot.
10. Create two pine cones created with Susan’s Garden Notes Whitepine Bough & Pine Cone dies. Add them to the right of the poinsettia.
11. Use the Fitted Frames 1, Lace Rectangles die set to die cut the four white corners to frame the card.
It has been a lot of fun creating Christmas cards with Susan’s dies.
Elizabeth Craft Designs –
1113 Stitched Ovals (Coming soon)
1112 Fitted Frames 4 Curvy Ovals (Coming soon)
Green and Brown cardstock
Viva Red Pearl Pen
Dimensional Glue Dots
Double sided dimensional tape