It’s Karen here. I’m excited to be showing a Christmas card I made today. As we get closer to the holidays, my Christmas cards tend to go to traditional colors, but while it’s still hot outside (like now), I make them with very non-traditional colors and papers. Do you have a preference? I like them both ways!
Here are the steps I used to make this card:
1. Cut a white top-fold card base to A2 size. Cut a layer for the front out of patterned cardstock at 4″ x 5-1/4″. Use the Fitted Circles dies to cut a circle in the card stock. The patterned paper used in this card is from the Color of Puppies Boy 12 x 12 paper collection.
2. Cut a Dotted Scallop Circle die cut from light blue card stock using the die that is close in size to the circle from step 1. Die cut a larger Stitched Circle from piece of polka dot patterned paper.
3. Using permanent black ink, stamp ‘just chillin’ onto the polka dot circle. Hint: To make sure the words are stamped in the right position on the circle, do a temporary layout as shown in the photo below.
4. Stamp the image from the Snowman & Gifts stamp set in black permanent ink. Die cut with the coordinating die, and color with the following Copic markers.
5. Layer and adhere the pieces and parts, including twine and lace, following the photos below. Trim the polka dot circle at the right edge. Be careful to line up the chevron pattern circle so it is horizontal and matches the orientation of the pattern on the background layer.
6. Adhere the card front panel to the card base. Accent with half-pearl embellishments.
I hope you enjoyed my card today. Thank you for stopping by!
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Permanent black ink